5 Teams that Will Benefit from the Bowl Hype in 2015

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm a huge JT fan....so don't take this the wrong way....but I really think we can be very successful with Byerly also. We would be more hurt, as a team IMO, if we lost Freeman, Gotsis, or White.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Say wut? We won the ACC and went to the Orange Bowl in CPJ's second year. The following year, Nesbitt's career was terminated in Blacksburg.....
Yep we did well but......we lost to ga and that destroyed my thrill....lost owl and then the seven and fives started.need to win at least eight to get respect from media.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Meh not much research done here. No mention of the defense returning a ton and no mention of the OL returning a ton (MUCH more important than RBs returning - especially in a scheme offense like ours). Not far to the 6-7 win range? We only fell to 6 wins once under CPJ and our star QB broke his arm. Averaged around 8.5/season under CPJ. More likely we win 11 than 6. 9-3 would be a reasonable guess given the schedule.
If PJ decides what RB is going into the game based upon what guy is standing closest to him, it sounds like he's not too concerned about that position

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
We could actually have a better team and end up with only 7 - 8 wins. (Maybe I've been a GT fan for too long :) )

The benefit of the bowl hype might help us from the "starting point" perspective in any rankings. But regarding the 2015 team it'll have little impact. It will have more of an impact 2 - 4 years down the road with the recruits that stay with GT this year and those that now have GT on their "acceptable" map.