2024 Baseball Schedule

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Agree there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on. It should be going on for all teams though? Maye less for us in some respects since we are a travel hub in ATL?

Last year it was 139th for GT. As comparison, UVa was 125th and Pitt was 107th and Wake was 45th and Clempy was 21st and VT was 203th. That's all I spot checked. Maybe VT was due to being a sucky place to travel and play early season ball? https://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2023/schedule/Georgia-Tech

As I said before it'll be interesting to see the OOC SOS for GT this year. This year I think we'll be weaker than last, maybe around 160 to 170th. And we'll have a hard time making that 45 or so year end RPI. But get a lot of wins that mean little outside of the guys playing / coaching the games.
Do you know if the numbers you list are updated as the NCAA tournament goes along, or if those were the numbers at the time of NCAA tournament selections? Since the columns for "records" and the Q1/Q2/Q3/Q4 columns are clearly updated I suspect that the NC SOS numbers are also updated. This means that the teams who progress deep into the tournament will see their NC SOS improve with each game that they play. It can still be used to compare the SOS of teams who failed to make the tournament, but Wake's #45 NC SOS I'm pretty certain was improved by the competition that they played in June. Looking at their in-season schedule I see a lot of games against sub 200 RPI teams.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Our problem has not been strength of schedule. It has been 4 pitch walks, wild pitches, hit batters and home runs to guys that look like Bucky Dent. Maybe some untimely errors, too.

#1 in walks, #1 WPs, #1 HRs, #1 2B, #2 ERA, #2 hits, #2 3B, T#3 HBP. Or did I get that backwards?

1699898724068.png

Do you know if the numbers you list are updated as the NCAA tournament goes along, or if those were the numbers at the time of NCAA tournament selections? Since the columns for "records" and the Q1/Q2/Q3/Q4 columns are clearly updated I suspect that the NC SOS numbers are also updated. This means that the teams who progress deep into the tournament will see their NC SOS improve with each game that they play. It can still be used to compare the SOS of teams who failed to make the tournament, but Wake's #45 NC SOS I'm pretty certain was improved by the competition that they played in June. Looking at their in-season schedule I see a lot of games against sub 200 RPI teams.

Pretty sure it's post season since UVa has stats all the way to CWS. So fair point on UVa SOS getting pulled up by the 8 post season games.

This was some snapshots of last year; mixed bad but point supported some by teams that didn't go to NCAAs (or CWS). My main point is this next year it'll probably be worse when the SOS is calculated for all teams.

You still have to win the games to advance!

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Damn, I was just guessing. An educated guess of course, but it's hard to look at that stat line and not grimace.