2/25 WBB hosts Wake Forest in final home game

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Screenshot_20240225_144830_ESPN.jpg
Screenshot_20240225_144825_ESPN.jpg
Screenshot_20240225_144850_ESPN.jpg

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I struggled to watch the game on TV. I've tried all season. HS JV basketball is more fundamentally sound than what I watched today. The inability to hit open jump shots (or even layups), the bad passing, the poor dribbling, lack of hustle...I am not impressed with this team's abilities on the court. I think my kid's HS freshman team would trounce this team.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I struggled to watch the game on TV. I've tried all season. HS JV basketball is more fundamentally sound than what I watched today. The inability to hit open jump shots (or even layups), the bad passing, the poor dribbling, lack of hustle...I am not impressed with this team's abilities on the court. I think my kid's HS freshman team would trounce this team.
I live in North Carolina so I don't get very many of our WBB games and therefore have a limited sample size to observe. The main thing I have seen is a lack of overall quickness and foot speed. We get beat off the dribble which breaks down the defense and can't get to a shooter in time to affect a 3 point shot. I sure hope she has some upgrades coming in next year to help.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The fundamental problem is, as in all sports, the abilities of the players. Both our BB programs have suffered with poor recruiting over the last 5-10 years. CDS is solving that problem with the MBB. I don't follow the WBB, but I got the impression from some of you that Nell got a new recruiter and some of the FR were better than in the past. Someone who follows WBB????

Buzzforlife

Jolly Good Fellow
The fundamental problem is, as in all sports, the abilities of the players. Both our BB programs have suffered with poor recruiting over the last 5-10 years. CDS is solving that problem with the MBB. I don't follow the WBB, but I got the impression from some of you that Nell got a new recruiter and some of the FR were better than in the past. Someone who follows WBB????
Buzzbomb tells me, we have basically the same staff. Coach Barrett replaced CMP who went to Ole Miss. Coach Alverson promoted up to Coach Butts’ position, with Coach Scruggs coming in for the vacancy. He believes we never found recruiters such as Sam Purcell or Octavia Blue(both HCoaches now). The lack of a future polished Center will be a concern for 2024-25, unless the Portal nets one.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I was going to post something similar to this as well, but held off since I had only seen pieces of recent games. But the pieces I have seen made me want to scratch my eyes out. For the most part, we seen terribly unathletic and unable to defend (Toni Morgan being the exception). Ditto on your lack of hustle comment. Basically I felt like I had saved myself a lot of time & misery by not watching more.