15 years ago… ALL THE WAY TURNT UP vs VT

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Had tickets to that game but I couldn't get off work. That's when I knew corporate America wasn't for me.
You brought back memories of Mom (RIP). When I was in HS, she followed a childhood dream and went to college to get her nursing degree. Bc she was a night owl, she worked the second and/or 3rd shifts after getting her degree. Twice she had to quit her job bc she couldn't get off to go to a concert (one was Willie Nelson, the other may have been Willie again or Jimmie Buffett. She was into music and loved to attend concerts.). She got hired back to the same job both times bc of the shortage (even then) of nurses willing to work the back shifts. Sadly, she would not have quit to be at that night game against VT. But her oldest son was, and it remains a top 5 memory in BDS for me. I want to experience that again while I'm above the dirt and I think we are trending to get back there soon.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
You brought back memories of Mom (RIP). When I was in HS, she followed a childhood dream and went to college to get her nursing degree. Bc she was a night owl, she worked the second and/or 3rd shifts after getting her degree. Twice she had to quit her job bc she couldn't get off to go to a concert (one was Willie Nelson, the other may have been Willie again or Jimmie Buffett. She was into music and loved to attend concerts.). She got hired back to the same job both times bc of the shortage (even then) of nurses willing to work the back shifts. Sadly, she would not have quit to be at that night game against VT. But her oldest son was, and it remains a top 5 memory in BDS for me. I want to experience that again while I'm above the dirt and I think we are trending to get back there soon.
Bless your mother. Funny thing about that game was that I distinctly remember that even though VPI was ranked #4 in the nation due to the heroics of Tyrod Taylor and a typical Tech defense there was a lot of concern expressed by Coach Beamer about his offensive line. I remember thinking he doesn't think they are very good at all. Yep, goes to show you can hide deficiencies in a lot of places but offensive line is one that will catch up to you sooner or later as it did that night.