'14 Bbacks better than '09?

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Dwyer was a great back and he played with a much smaller O-Line in front of him. When GT played LSU in the Chick Fil A Bowl, our undersized line was manhandled just like in the Orange Bowl against Iowa who had nine of their eleven starters drafted by the NFL.

What I will say in comparison to our current B-Backs is they run inside with toughness and power much like Johnson's Navy B-Backs Adam Ballard and Eric Kattani did; very low going through the trash and never got knocked backwards. Laskey and Days have better speed than the get credit for, just look at Days TD when he went about 60 yards at NC State. Nobody walked him down from behind.

Laskey reminds me of a tough as nails fullback for the Oakland Raiders; Marv Hubbard who was just a beast between the tackles and ran like a bull. He did very well in the NFL and had zero stars coming out of high school so he went to that football factory school; Colgate.

While Dwyer was not going to be caught after he broke through the line, I'm extremely happy with the production that we are getting from these great kids this season, and the best part is they are far from done. In addition, since the blueprint to stopping this offense has now been circulating throught the coaching ranks for the past seven (7) seasons, I think what Laskey and Days are doing is even more remarkable.