$1+ for every touchdown / children's healthcare

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
The chick-fil-a bowl has a fundraiser for children's healthcare of Atlanta. I'v signed up and I'm donating $2 for every touchdown we score for the rest of the season. What's awesome is we can set up the donation like that via the site. GT currently sits at 5th. Their is a trophy that goes to the winning school. Here is the link to sign up!

https://touchdownsforchildrens.org/give-now/?donation_type=donate_existing_organization

20181102_152347.jpg

MidtownJacket

Staff member
No problem! I figured it hasn't been shared much! I don't think I've ever been excited to donate money like this haha. I hope we score 10 tds tomorrow!

Good man. I just donated a flat amount (wanted to help a great cause / climb the rankings regardless of offensive performance) but I totally get the excitement generated by the nature of “per TD donations”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I've joined but gawd, man, how much money do they need? :)

CHOA has bought up half of Brookhaven and is building out a massive amount of real estate at I-85/North Druid Hills Rd complete with a new hospital (that new ten floors of concrete and glass is not the new hospital currently sitting on the highway).

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
SPECIAL ALERT...
Please check your credit card and make sure you have not been overbilled for this. I pledged $5 per touchdown and just received notice from my credit card company that $240 has been charged. I am emailing the people behind this fundraiser and requesting a refund and for them to stop any further charges.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
SPECIAL ALERT...
Please check your credit card and make sure you have not been overbilled for this. I pledged $5 per touchdown and just received notice from my credit card company that $240 has been charged. I am emailing the people behind this fundraiser and requesting a refund and for them to stop any further charges.

Yikes! What was the name of the charging group? Also, wonder if it was retroactive, so charged back the whole season of touchdowns? That's what like 48?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
SPECIAL ALERT...

If I'm not mistaken. Its every touchdown on the season regardless of when you start... not starting from when you sign up. 240 would be right for 5 dollars a touchdown....

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yikes! What was the name of the charging group? Also, wonder if it was retroactive, so charged back the whole season of touchdowns? That's what like 48?
The merchant listed is "Childrens Healthcare" and their Q&A indicates that they are not supposed to charge your credit card until the end of the 12-game season.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
The merchant listed is "Childrens Healthcare" and their Q&A indicates that they are not supposed to charge your credit card until the end of the 12-game season.

Maybe contact them?

But its TDs for the whole season. Not just from your signup date.

We have 46 offensive TDs and 2 defensive TDs.

$240 divided by 5 would be 48

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
https://touchdownsforchildrens.org/faq/#1535649299998-0a4e664d-ef71

Straight gifts to T4C will be charged immediately. Per touchdown pledges for a specific team will be charged at the conclusion of the 2018 college football 12 game regular season. You will receive an additional automated e-mail confirmation letter with your gift total at that time.

It could possibly be a pre charge. But I would debate that it was early. Regardless 5 dollars a td will more than likely end up being a 300+ donation

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
I've joined but gawd, man, how much money do they need? :)

CHOA has bought up half of Brookhaven and is building out a massive amount of real estate at I-85/North Druid Hills Rd complete with a new hospital (that new ten floors of concrete and glass is not the new hospital currently sitting on the highway).
This x100. CHOA is flush with cash and there are many much more worthy causes for our contributions.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It could possibly be a pre charge. But I would debate that it was early. Regardless 5 dollars a td will more than likely end up being a 300+ donation
I have no problem with the amount. What I have a problem with is them not following their stated rules. The only contact info is an email address and I have already dispatched an email to them.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I have no problem with the amount. What I have a problem with is them not following their stated rules. The only contact info is an email address and I have already dispatched an email to them.

I believe you have done the right thing. I would be annoyed by that as well.

I just saw it posted on GTs page and noticed no one really knew about it. Thought I'd share and make a small pledge. I apologize for the problems it has created.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Got it, thanks, I just did a flat donation (wanted to know what I was donating for tax planning) but did check and you're right it hit immediately for me as well.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I believe you have done the right thing. I would be annoyed by that as well.

I just saw it posted on GTs page and noticed no one really knew about it. Thought I'd share and make a small pledge. I apologize for the problems it has created.
No apology needed - that is the kind of thing we can all do to help increase our visibility. We talk about how 1 in 5 of us are millionaires in recruiting content. It is much more impactful to see a relatively small alumni base put up big numbers in community involvement / donations / volunteering hours / etc.