Time for a coaching Change

gtyj18jr

Jolly Good Fellow
No you're a ****ing idiot. Staff changes yes, oline.

D is playing their hearts out. Hope that continues next year because they are losing some key pieces.

Young patchwork oline should be better and skill positions will be older and better.

Justin Thomas has regressed badly. Some of the worst pitch decisions by any Tech qb since CPJ has been here during the game tonight. Yes oline blocking is partially to blame but his decision making is, has, and will be terrible. We need Bylerly back next year or just play CC or MJ. The experiment with Thomas needs to be over. I dislike Saban, but good decision by him to tell JT to go away when he wanted to play qb.

Johnson please develop a short to mid range passing game. It works.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
No you're a ****ing idiot. Staff changes yes, oline.

D is playing their hearts out. Hope that continues next year because they are losing some key pieces.

Young patchwork oline should be better and skill positions will be older and better.

Justin Thomas has regressed badly. Some of the worst pitch decisions by any Tech qb since CPJ has been here during the game tonight. Yes oline blocking is partially to blame but his decision making is, has, and will be terrible. We need Bylerly back next year or just play CC or MJ. The experiment with Thomas needs to be over. I dislike Saban, but good decision by him to tell JT to go away when he wanted to play qb.

Johnson please develop a short to mid range passing game. It works.

Look JT is our QB. He made some good and bad plays in this game. He can be better. I agree some of the pitch decisions were atrocious. He should have ate a couple.

That being said Jordan should have gotten two sets tonight. We always need two QB's ready to go because our QB's do get hit. It's time for him to play some. I personally think this will make JT better getting a break a couple of times a game. Jordan is a gamer and better than we think.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I said it in another thread. We are going to find out what CPJ and the kids coming back have in them next year. I expect a head coach with something to prove and a bunch of pissed of players especially JT with all the hype he had after last year. It's like we had to give this year up to the football gods for the way last season went down. I think we could be great next year but there's gonna be some soul searching to find out who wants it and who doesn't.

yellowRambler

Jolly Good Fellow
We have MLD, Lynch, Klock, MM, Bryan, Stewart, Henderson, Brant Mitchell, Anree, AJ Gray all making an impact this year. Next year we will get back Qua Searcy and gain JJ GREEN!! Also Leggett, Weimerkirsch, Cottrell. Alot of good pieces we have imo. Even the RS guys like Philpott are held in high regard.

Our young talent has looked good. I seriously think that the next 3 years are going to be great with this freshman class leading the way.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The most comical thing about this season is the amount of fans(sic) that are just plain enjoying the heck out of what we're going through. You saw none of them last year.

I started to create a thread "I PREDICT MASS TRANSFERS ....", then the post reads, "... from gtswarm to dawgrant".

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Defense played well....Offense did not.... CPJ was out coached once again.... Time for a change!!

WTF are you talking about? The team has suffered a MASSIVE number of injuries to MULTIPLE positions which has forced them to play NUMERIOUS true Freshmen, Redshirt Freshmen, and even Non-Scholarship players. In SPITE of these inexperienced players being forced into action (not to mention not as physically developed as we prefer), we have had a reasonable chance to win every game we played EXCEPT against Clemson, which is currently ranked #1 in the Country, and I'm including Notre Dame because their 50 yard TD pass should have been called back for offensive interference, our TD run by Justin Thomas should have been valid as their was no penalty, and we should have made two easy FG's that we didn't (we lost by 8 - take away ND's 7, give US 7 plus 6 then that's a difference of 20 points in OUR favor).

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
The most comical thing about this season is the amount of fans(sic) that are just plain enjoying the heck out of what we're going through. You saw none of them last year.

I started to create a thread "I PREDICT MASS TRANSFERS ....", then the post reads, "... from gtswarm to dawgrant".

I call some of those people (not all) Techmites. They only come out of the wood work to spread doom and gloom.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
CPJ has said repeatedly that he has never had a season like this, well a good coach can and will turn this around for next year. If this team were healthy and we were doing this bad then yes I would say he should be in the hot seat. I'm hesitant to say, but yeah we should see if he can right the ship next year, that to me will determine if he is a good coach

Eli

Helluva Engineer
On the contrary, it is time for a "players" change. The coach did not fumble, commit an outrageously stupid penalty, play matador when pass blocking etc. Some guys need to ride the pine or explore other options.

Why do people make this argument? Its the coaches job the coach up our players. When someone drops a pass, misses an assignment or cant punt the ball more than 20 yards. Then the coaches need to be held responsible. Yes we have had tons of injuries. Yes we have freshmen playing key roles but a lot of our big mistakes last night were made by veteran players. If no reasonability is held for the coaches then why even have them?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Don't like the option, don't like the coach, don't like much of anything at all. Okay. Just say so. But for heaven's sakes stop with the predictable, reliable followup, written in capital letters and red ink almost, that Johnson outcoached "again", setting up the classic debating stunt of having someone defend something lawyers call "facts not in evidence." I am willing to listen to this as long as such bellicosity is accompanied by chapter and verse of when and how. I am sure he can be outcoached, and that he has been outcoached. It just wasn't Thursday night. How did I just know this a.m. that the first item in response to the game would be the old reliable time-for-a-change screed? So much for adding to the depth of discussion. Next time, try facts. I'm sure you left plenty on the table.