Time for a coaching Change

GTFLETCH

Banned
Walking out of the Stadium heard no talk of firing PJ coach TR walked right by me and fans were showing him some love just hate that now we finally have a defense that doesn't completely shut down their offense but they give us a chance and that's all you can ask for and we still shoot ourself in the foot and lose ballgames.
30K fans only showed up.... So yea are they die hard CPJ fans.. yes... But this does not get any better...Everyone can blame JT just like they blamed Tevin, however this season falls on the coaching staff like all others did we have injuries yeas, have players quit the team yes.... Did Ohio State win a NC with a 3rd string QB yes... So we out to win 6 games and go bowling.... However if the problem is not coaching then, we have a real problem because according to everyone Tevin Washington was a problem, then Vad Lee was the savior who could not play and now we have a pre season Heisman QB who was running for his life with an OLINE that only lost 1 starter last year...

Yes we have a coaching problem!!!

GTFLETCH

Banned
CPJ is a good coach his record everywhere he has been as an example. Changing players is hard for a stubborn coach, I know. When your team is struggling it is difficult to get out of your comfort zone that is why so many coaches "get run out of town". All I say is shake things up a bit, hey we are not winning so try some different things I do not want to see out coach be run out of town.
Yes Tevein Washington was the problem, Vad Lee was the problem and now Justin Thomas and the Oline is the problem... Interesting how U. Meyer can take a third string qb and win a NC, and we have a returning Oline and QB who won an OB and can't even make it to a bowl (I know injuries is an excuse) But coaches have to coach past injuries...U. Meyer did it....Why Can'y CPJ????

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Yes Tevein Washington was the problem, Vad Lee was the problem and now Justin Thomas and the Oline is the problem... Interesting how U. Meyer can take a third string qb and win a NC, and we have a returning Oline and QB who won an OB and can't even make it to a bowl (I know injuries is an excuse) But coaches have to coach past injuries...U. Meyer did it....Why Can'y CPJ????
Don't pretend to know, but I am just surmising that Meyer's No. 3 guy was a four star in HS and competed for the no. 1 job right up until the end, and 2) that read option is a lot simpler to run than the spread, even though Meyer swears he is not an option coach. It just looks that way. p.s. send me your address and I'll replenish your box of questions marks. And maybe some periods.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Call me what you want, but all I heard in 2010-2012 was that Tevin Washington was the problem and Vad Lee was the answer...Then in 2013 Vad Lee takes over and we play two FCS schools and can only win 7 games... Vad Lee leaves, Justin Thomas takes over with a bunch of Red Shirt Seniors and win the OB.... 2015 JT has regressed (not my words) and injuries are the reason why GT has only won three games....

The only constant in this is Coach PJ as we have changed DCs, and changed multiple Asst coaches... Oh and I can watch a bunch of College football teams get to bowl eligibilty with injuries, heck Ohio State wins a NC with a 3rd string QB last year.... Bottom line it appears that it will take Red Shirt Seniors for CPJ to have decent years!!! Lets be real winning an OB is not what it use to be with the new CFP formatt..... It is what it is

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
You keep comparing ohio state to us, that's like comparing apples to oranges. That third string qb still had huge amounts of time to pass, and their recruits are mostly pro potential guys, so let's not compare us to other teams that have nothing in common with us. Cpj can't help if he's teaching the players what to do and they just aren't doing it, he can't keep the guys from fumbling the ball. Back to your comment from Ohio state though , they didn't have all their skill guys graduate the year before and they weren't eat up with the injury bug from their skilled positions . I'm sure cpj hasn't changed his coaching style from last year to this year, and it worked out well last year.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
30K fans only showed up.... So yea are they die hard CPJ fans.. yes... But this does not get any better...Everyone can blame JT just like they blamed Tevin, however this season falls on the coaching staff like all others did we have injuries yeas, have players quit the team yes.... Did Ohio State win a NC with a 3rd string QB yes... So we out to win 6 games and go bowling.... However if the problem is not coaching then, we have a real problem because according to everyone Tevin Washington was a problem, then Vad Lee was the savior who could not play and now we have a pre season Heisman QB who was running for his life with an OLINE that only lost 1 starter last year...

30,000?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447530145.494018.jpg

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Call me what you want, but all I heard in 2010-2012 was that Tevin Washington was the problem and Vad Lee was the answer...Then in 2013 Vad Lee takes over and we play two FCS schools and can only win 7 games... Vad Lee leaves, Justin Thomas takes over with a bunch of Red Shirt Seniors and win the OB.... 2015 JT has regressed (not my words) and injuries are the reason why GT has only won three games....

The only constant in this is Coach PJ as we have changed DCs, and changed multiple Asst coaches... Oh and I can watch a bunch of College football teams get to bowl eligibilty with injuries, heck Ohio State wins a NC with a 3rd string QB last year.... Bottom line it appears that it will take Red Shirt Seniors for CPJ to have decent years!!! Lets be real winning an OB is not what it use to be with the new CFP formatt..... It is what it is
Thanks , but everyone knows this info.
Lots of guys are super coach supporters.
You need to wait till end of next year to have anything concrete to get your point made. I. E. We dont soundly beat georgia southern or ga waxes us are only thing that would make me change.

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow

Urban Myer wouldn't do as good at GT as Johnson has. There's no similarity between GT and Ohio State.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
I think several people have hit the nail on the head. This yr is the result of the 2012-13 classes being misevaluated/leaving the program. If next year we're in this same place, THEN we have this talk...

Be careful when you state facts because some members of this board will crucify you. Also, don't have a negative opinion about the head coach or you might have to take a timeout for a couple of days. You and me are in the minority here. Best thing to do is bite your tongue.

Maybe that was paid attendance? That stadium was 3/4 full. Upper stands were almost empty. Watch a replay and you'll see how empty it was. Paid tickets and how many actually show up are two different stories.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Be careful when you state facts because some members of this board will crucify you. Also, don't have a negative opinion about the head coach or you might have to take a timeout for a couple of days. You and me are in the minority here. Best thing to do is bite your tongue.
I guarantee no one has "taken a timeout" for simply having a negative opinion about a coach. The words that surround those opinions, as well as those supporting a coach, matter.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Were that true this board would be a blank slate some days. You and I included.