Time for a coaching Change

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Getting a new head football coach is as easy as giving the GTAA a check for $18 million. Why don't you guys who want a new coach open a bank account, put a million dollars seed money in it, and see if you can raise the $18 million. It is basically put up or shut up time IMHO.

In 2006 against Notre Dame there were 56,680 people that attended that game, but capacity according to Ramblinwreck.com is 55,000. Numbers are meaningless when discussing how many people were at the game. The big picture here is the quality of coaching that is happening on the sidelines. PJ has ran off 3 DC's during his time at Tech. With such turnover how in the world does anyone expect us to have a good defense. The OC has not changed in 8 years, but he gets a pass on our terrible passing game, terrible blocking schemes, and utter confusion on who has what responsibility when the ball is snapped. Is it Erin Joe's fault that he has zero composure on the field? Is it Snoddy's fault he has a cast on and is being asked to carry the ball securely? Is it JT's fault that he was a better passer in HS than he is now at Tech, which also happened to Josh Nesbit (look at his HS stats compared to Tech stats) by the way. Is it the OL line's fault that they are being asked to block a way that might have been ok in 70's but now is deemed to be either dirty or just not effective? Supersized, Squints, Skeptic wanted me to state valid reasons behind my dislike for Paul Johnson. There they are. When a business is failing or falling short of it's goals routinely, who gets the axe? The man in charge. Don't forget this is year 8 not 3 or 4 and we can't perform one of the basics of football (forward pass). Not acceptable, sorry if my standards are too high.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
It's a damn shame the way this season has unfolded. Next year is huge for the direction of the program. We need 8-9 wins. If not the fan base is going to split like it did with Paul Hewitt. I think we will see a hungry and pissed off CPJ, his staff, JT and the rest of the kids returning.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
[QUOTE=" Is it Erin Joe's fault that he has zero composure on the field?[/QUOTE]

I did not read much of the rest but yes it is Erin Joe's fault he has no composure on the field. Whose else fault would that be. I don't get this at all. Also about Justin Thomas's passing yes he does have some responsibility for his passing. Tevin Washington improved his passing every single year he was here.

[QUOTE=" Is it Erin Joe's fault that he has zero composure on the field?

I did not read much of the rest but yes it is Erin Joe's fault he has no composure on the field. Whose else fault would that be. I don't get this at all. Also about Justin Thomas's passing yes he does have some responsibility for his passing. Tevin Washington improved his passing every single year he was here.[/QUOTE]
Players play the way they are coached or how well they prepare for a game. How can you expect a player to be composed on the field when the coach isn't composed on the sidelines?

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
I did not read much of the rest but yes it is Erin Joe's fault he has no composure on the field. Whose else fault would that be. I don't get this at all. Also about Justin Thomas's passing yes he does have some responsibility for his passing. Tevin Washington improved his passing every single year he was here.
Players play the way they are coached or how well they prepare for a game. How can you expect a player to be composed on the field when the coach isn't composed on the sidelines?[/QUOTE]
I don't know about that. I think CPJ coached the same way as he did 4-5 years ago and no player on the field did a stupid thing after Godhigh was body slammed to the ground against Georgia. They all held their composure. You can make your argument and put some of the blame on CPJ but I don't think you can absolve Joe from any personal responsibility at all.

Players play the way they are coached or how well they prepare for a game. How can you expect a player to be composed on the field when the coach isn't composed on the sidelines?
I don't know about that. I think CPJ coached the same way as he did 4-5 years ago and no player on the field did a stupid thing after Godhigh was body slammed to the ground against Georgia. They all held their composure. You can make your argument and put some of the blame on CPJ but I don't think you can absolve Joe from any personal responsibility at all.[/QUOTE]
Your point is 100% correct, in a round about way you made my point. We are in agreement about Joe, but why not hold Paul to the same standard? He calls the plays, he runs the offense how he sees fit, but some how he manages to skate responsibility for his offense failures.

Threads like this usually do, especially when someone is hell bent in to trying to shout down anyone who finds his manure offensive and malodorous.
Sorry, but that is not my intention. Can't help how others interpret comments. My ego should have never been questioned for I've not questioned anyone else's.