Tennessee fans already starting to talk about the 2017 GT-Tennessee game

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
It was probably the most spartan restaurant I have ever eaten at that was rated so highly, but who cares if they only have plastic and cardboard; it was GREAT !!!
Did you go to the Alumni/Fan thing Friday night? It would have been nice to meet you along with all the others from this site whom I met or re-met.
BTW, I checked their online menu, and it must have been trigger fish that I got. Like I said, it was very very good. It didn't appear on the actual menu there; it was only offered as a special by the waitress.
I didn't make the pep rally or the party at the brewery. I had a ton of relatives in town at the beach for Christmas so I let them choose the activities.

An interesting aside, if not for GT getting selected by the Taxslayer, it would have been the first season since 1984 that I hadn't seen at least one live game. Pheww!

I didn't make the pep rally or the party at the brewery. I had a ton of relatives in town at the beach for Christmas so I let them choose the activities.

An interesting aside, if not for GT getting selected by the Taxslayer, it would have been the first season since 1984 that I hadn't seen at least one live game. Pheww!
Glad you kept your string alive. Still too bad, you weren't able to make it to the party at the brewery. Food wasn't much, but it was still a good time.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I'm just ready to see Brad Stewart go beast mode on Micah Abernathy again.

Tennessee is losing a lot of playmakers especially on defense. I'm not sure they that dual threat impact player behind him. A LOT can change from now to September but this shaping up to be a great matchup and opportunity for us to kick the season off right
Tennessee's quarterback will probably be Jarrett Guarantano who is 6-4 205 and will be a sophomore in 2017. He's supposed to be mobile like Joshua Dobbs.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Oh that's a classic way to get the party started! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Especially the photo/captioned on photo of PJ on the golf course!
This:

"Paul Johnson will ****e on Tennessee's Life Champions Trophy. Will be filled with remnants of grizzly bear and buffalo."
- **** Jacket

head-coach-paul-johnson.jpg

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think a lot of this is whistling past the grave yard.

Most coaches wouldn't schedule us if they had a choice. Recall the Bammer v. GSU episode. Bam's AD schedules GSU. Saban says "Meh" and asks his staff to get him some film. Saban watches the film and immediately phones the AD to get him to cancel the game. And that was after Coach had left.

They are probably also remembering how badly we whipped Vandy this year. That was a classic Tech-style beat-down. I expect apprehension levels to increase as game time approaches.

For all that I think it will be a tough game for us. Coordinating the O with a new starting QB is usually a work in progress, even when the QB has as much talent and experience as MJ. The upside for us is that, like Coach said about VT, this will be a QB/BB game "… like what we did at Navy". If we can avoid turnovers and improve on D we should be fine. Hope that happens.

northgajacket

Banned
Still might be more impressive than our season. Our two big wins were Virginia Tech and Georgia, teams that Tennessee also beat. Then they beat Florida and Nebraska on top of that.

Although, we stomped Vandy and they lost. Their loss to South Carolina was also worse than any of our losses.

GT and Tennessee had similarly impressive 2016 seasons. Should be a good game. Tennessee will be favored and its hard to blame Vegas for that, but we could win.

Nebraska was overrated and Florida was average

northgajacket

Banned
Of course Tenn has more depth, but 20+ injuries?! This year we had like...five, and none were season-ending.

Injuries were so bad for the Vols you can pretty-much throw out all their shortcomings on defense AND their losses to the S.Car & Vandy.

Maybe i shouldn't have drawn a comparison to our 2015 because that's basically a moot point. I'm just saying that ANY impressions of Tennessee's year must take their MASSIVE injury issues into account. The only thing they had going for them was Josh Dobbs ...which happens to be the same thing we've got going for us. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then what has been their excuse for the last 5 years. Every year they have an underwhelming season, it's not just injuries

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Then what has been their excuse for the last 5 years. Every year they have an underwhelming season, it's not just injuries

Ok now you're just changing the subject. We're talking about the here & now, and I shouldn't even dignify that with a response.

THIS season Tennessee was basically forced to play an entire lineup worth of 2nd stringers. If we can't recognize that as a huge adversity they overcame to win 9 games, (especially after living through our own injury nightmare of '15), then we're as deluded as most dwag fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

northgajacket

Banned
No I'm not. I'm stating facts. Don't get mad at me for stating facts.

What I mean is Tennessee is always a contender in the East and always flop.

Florida was average, Nebraska was overrated, App. State took them to o.t.

Ohio, Tennessee Tech, Missouri and South Carolina were basically cab drivers (boxing term)

Last edited:

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Is Tennessee worried about Tech? I expect not. They have another game just five days later followed by Florida. I think they will be looking past us.

They are very talented, but if they open this year like they did this year, I think we'll have a great chance.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
We have more than our quota of arrogance in our thread. We don't really know what we'll have just like they don't.

I "expect" we'll have MJ as QB so we "should" be able to win with two plays rather than one: 1) dive and 2) mid-line. There is nothing worse than knowing the play and not being able to stop it. And slowly having the game clock squeeze the life out of you. That gets into the other teams heads big time which is why they don't want to play us. CPJ understands his job is to win games; not entertain the masses.

Let them believe it's just a HS offense that relies on chop blocks. That is BS. That we are less talented is true; if you use recruiting statistics. I think we are less physically talented than most teams and it is shown in our D performance; for offense we have a coaching / schematic advantage. So it makes the win so much sweeter.

Agree, they were lucky when the Lame Kitten left them. And they have lots of talent. I would expect UT to be 3-5 point favorites at home unless there are unexpected injuries on either side before the game.

I hit "like" after the 1st sentence. ...then read the rest. Still like it!!