Tennessee fans already starting to talk about the 2017 GT-Tennessee game

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I agree with both statements. I think the defense will need to win the first 2 or 3 games, maybe it's me but it seems like it takes our offense a few games at the start of the season to get it's timing down.
I agree it seems as if it takes our O a few games to get going but I can't remember the last time we had this many starters coming back that are very very solid players, I actually think we will be ok on O to start the season because of the talent coming back and how well they played.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I agree with both statements. I think the defense will need to win the first 2 or 3 games, maybe it's me but it seems like it takes our offense a few games at the start of the season to get it's timing down.
I agree it seems as if it takes our O a few games to get going but I can't remember the last time we had this many starters coming back that are very very solid players, I actually think we will be ok on O to start the season because of the talent coming back and how well they played.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
So arrogant. It's amazing to me how nearly every member of the SEC East thinks of themselves as a national title contender when they play in the weakest Power 5 conference. Just focus on winning your division first. Baby steps.

As for the cut blocks, I'm so sick of hearing we injure other players. The commentators yesterday focused so much on our cut blocking, that their "compliments" of GT's performance were always like, "Yeah, this offense is so hard to stop. A lot of it due to these lineman diving at your knees! Look at those grass stains on the front!" I'm considering monitoring injury reports of teams we play against next season. Just keeping track of people with nagging injuries and keeping up with reports after we play a team. Just need data to shove back in people's faces. CPJ even said that if anyone came to him with definitive data showing we injure players more often with our cut blocking than other teams, then he would coach to do otherwise.
The more aggravating to me is that cut blocks aren't aimed at the knees, but the lower thigh. Go after an athlete's knees and he is going to step over you. Watch Tech's abacks on the edge or on the midline. They are going low but not that low because they are too easy to defeat. Spoken by a guy who could never learn the art of the thing.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
One of the worst defenses that they have had in a VERY long time. If our defense can play well this will be a win for us, there's just no way they'll be able to stop Dedrick. Looking forward to the sight of all the bubbas leaving early and heading back to the woods.

Beehive

Banned
Their defense is terrible and Barnett is gone!! Seems like we always start the season with inexperienced lineman etc on offense. But next year don't see this problem. Tennessee could be in for a real *** kicking!!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I'm hoping they get sick of hearing ours!
The KY fan in front of us Saturday said "I use to hate Rocky Top...until today ".
"If much rather hear it than that fight song yall have"..
Well, me being the wise guy I am is said,
"I thought you would like that Rocky Top.It's the universal tune for inbreeding...."
"Just keep us from scoring and you won't here it again"
20170102_075155.jpg

He never mentioned it again but my singing got louder and louder!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The problem for us with all the bs belly aching about our so-called propensity to chop block is that the refs look for it when they don't do that for other teams. Anything that remotely resembles a high/low combo gets flagged... and I mean remotely. It's like a gunslinger with an itchy trigger finger. The ref watching our OL has his hand on his flag. It's probably worse with non-ACC crews because they hear the whining but don't call our games on a regular basis to know the whining is just that... whining with no substance.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The KY fan in front of us Saturday said "I use to hate Rocky Top...until today ".
"If much rather hear it than that fight song yall have"..
Well, me being the wise guy I am is said,
"I thought you would like that Rocky Top.It's the universal tune for inbreeding...."
"Just keep us from scoring and you won't here it again"
View attachment 2133
He never mentioned it again but my singing got louder and louder!
I think that dude smuggled his wife into the game under his tee shirt.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
One of the worst defenses that they have had in a VERY long time. If our defense can play well this will be a win for us, there's just no way they'll be able to stop Dedrick. Looking forward to the sight of all the bubbas leaving early and heading back to the woods.
When yer cousin (fiance) schedules yer weddin' during huntin' season:
3.jpg

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We have more than our quota of arrogance in our thread. We don't really know what we'll have just like they don't.

I "expect" we'll have MJ as QB so we "should" be able to win with two plays rather than one: 1) dive and 2) mid-line. There is nothing worse than knowing the play and not being able to stop it. And slowly having the game clock squeeze the life out of you. That gets into the other teams heads big time which is why they don't want to play us. CPJ understands his job is to win games; not entertain the masses.

Let them believe it's just a HS offense that relies on chop blocks. That is BS. That we are less talented is true; if you use recruiting statistics. I think we are less physically talented than most teams and it is shown in our D performance; for offense we have a coaching / schematic advantage. So it makes the win so much sweeter.

Well, well, Vol Nation finally crawls out from under their Dooley/Kiffin rock and tries to manufacture some bulletin board material. Whoop dee doo. Wonder who read the post to 'em.

I'm lots more concerned about the Vols themselves. They've got some talent again.

Agree, they were lucky when the Lame Kitten left them. And they have lots of talent. I would expect UT to be 3-5 point favorites at home unless there are unexpected injuries on either side before the game.