Lamont Simmons (DB)

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
How many chickens do we have... wait the egg hasn't hatched yet! (doesn't mean that it won't hatch, but...)
Just need to wait it out ... :nailbiting:

Question to me is would he be "better" than someone else we could use the scholly for with the 2016 class?

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
We wanted him in the 2014 class, and, as I remember, were saving a spot for him when he got the USC offer and committed pretty soon thereafter.

buzzinanut69

Jolly Good Fellow
I really think having guys like PJ and the Austin twins raises everyone else's intensity level up a couple of notches as well. I mean you see them at their size light people up who are much bigger than they are, naturally you are going to take a look at yourself and ask why you aren't doing the same.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I thought this Spring, at ground level, I was seeing the Austin twins looking a little more filled out. Especially in their legs. They're solid guys, and they do go at it with max effort.

Effort is a word we're hearing a bit more lately, it seems. I'm thrilled that Lamont Simmons is a "big" corner. But, if he's an effort guy-- I'd be even more interested.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Want to see Vic come in and learn from PJ and the Austins
I am not worried about Vic (one of the best highlight films I have ever seen) really needing to learn from 3 wild men! They all play with bad intentions when seeking out contact. Just love adding more heat seeking son of a guns.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think one of the austin twins perfect position is SS like Jemea (if he stays the path of bulking up) and the other is nickel back. To me both these guys are inside the box type DBs. I guess one could play boundary too...Yes they are shorter for safety...but if you are good you are good. Point is; if we have other good true CBs....these guys give you the flexibility of sliding inside.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I think one of the austin twins perfect position is SS like Jemea (if he stays the path of bulking up) and the other is nickel back. To me both these guys are inside the box type DBs. I guess one could play boundary too...Yes they are shorter for safety...but if you are good you are good. Point is; if we have other good true CBs....these guys give you the flexibility of sliding inside.
Or one of them can switch over to offense and give AB a shot. I remember them being pretty slick with the ball from their highlight videos. And that headhunter mentality can pay off on blocking too.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I thought this Spring, at ground level, I was seeing the Austin twins looking a little more filled out. Especially in their legs. They're solid guys, and they do go at it with max effort.

Effort is a word we're hearing a bit more lately, it seems. I'm thrilled that Lamont Simmons is a "big" corner. But, if he's an effort guy-- I'd be even more interested.
Saw the same thing at ground level during acc champ and orange bowl - average upper torso but full grown man thighs and calves. They were a little out of position but gave the 100% WWZ hustle.
Also think they could play AB - kind of a Robert G body type.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Like JT RG could see the future and react. Time will tell w these young players. Great to see them on field.
Given a choice between big good players and small good players go for the big. That said one of my favorite images is of Godhigh in the midst of UNC corners and safeties getting up and away for that ridiculous TD catch in '12, I think it was, that ludicrous 68-50 game that drove UNC fans crazy, not because of the score, but that particular corner of the ACC was the most vocal about a certain offense that would never work at this level. Not a word since.