Lamont Simmons (DB)

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Obviously a smart kid who realizes the advantages of a GT degree. Also, that he has a much better opportunity to get to the NFL as a DB after being in a program that produces top notch WR's that he can compete against everyday in practice.

He has very good size and speed for a CB, and hopefully this is all true about the transfer.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Isn't everybody's recruiting history short compared to Brad Sewart? BTW, I'm very glad he is going to be a Yellow Jacket.

He reminds me of a very tough and productive receiver at Puke a few years ago; Conner Vernon. He was a very sure handed kid who found a way to always make a play on any football thrown to him too.

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
Kelly says no truth to the rumor. Per his Twitter...

"Lamont Simmons has not been given his release from #USC, there is no truth to any GT rumors right now period, schools cannot talk to him."

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
So he sits out this year and eligible to play next year. Makes sense with all the guys we lose after this year, Simmons should be able to come in and at the very least provide depth in the secondary.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I believe, even if he sits out, he gets a scholarship next year if that is the agreement. Why would you transfer and pay your own way, when it is free at the school you are attending?

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Speaking of DB transfers, I saw one from Notre Dame picked up and went to Bowling Green. They also lost an offensive lineman to Penn State that graduated (like Patrick Skov).

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Man if this were ST ...

Anyways, I guess it's good to get an experienced kid in. Probably realized he should've committed here in the first place.

My Thoughts Exactly
Especially considering recent events(y)

Techster

Helluva Engineer

"Lamont Simmons has not been given his release from #USC, there is no truth to any GT rumors right now period, schools cannot talk to him."

Key words. Could change tomorrow. Schools can't talk to him, but intermediaries can talk for him and schools can contact those intermediaries (i.e. old coaches, friends, relatives, etc.).

Would give us great size in 2016 at CB with Step Durham, Dante Wigley, and Simmons.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Key words. Could change tomorrow. Schools can't talk to him, but intermediaries can talk for him and schools can contact those intermediaries (i.e. old coaches, friends, relatives, etc.).

Would give us great size in 2016 at CB with Step Durham, Dante Wigley, and Simmons.

The entire secondary with the exception of the Austin Twins

jacketjp

Georgia Tech Fan

If Kelly says there is no truth to the rumor, that means it's a done deal. It's his typical MO. He just wants to snuff out all the chatter so he has time to chase down info and catch up to the other sites so he can then "break" his "scoop".