Conference Realignment

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Go LSU and South Carolina I hope FSU and UNC lose big not just big but real big.
I am conflicted with these games. I like for the SEC teams to lose to give credibility to the ACC but I am disgusted by the 7 members who met to break up the ACC and that included UNC. I now will pull against FSU regardless of who they play. I enjoy us beating UNC since I live in Chapel Hill.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Its official. Cal Stanford & SMU joining 2024-25
Report: ACC to add Stanford, Cal, SMU

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I think this is great, I think the ACC can't look at becoming part of the Big 2, it needs to focus on staying 3, our enemy is not the Big 10 or the SEC, its the Big 12.

I wish we could have gone big, and invited West VA, Okie State, and tried the 4 corners before they were snatched up by the Big 12.

Don't let the door hit you FSU on the way out!

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I am conflicted with these games. I like for the SEC teams to lose to give credibility to the ACC but I am disgusted by the 7 members who met to break up the ACC and that included UNC. I now will pull against FSU regardless of who they play. I enjoy us beating UNC since I live in Chapel Hill.
I agree, i wholeheartedly hate the sec and their idiotic fanbases, but will def pull for them vs. FSU, Clem, and UNC. I can’t wait for them to leave the glorious All Coast Conference and enrichen the rest of us with their idiocy.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I agree, i wholeheartedly hate the sec and their idiotic fanbases, but will def pull for them vs. FSU, Clem, and UNC. I can’t wait for them to leave the glorious All Coast Conference and enrichen the rest of us with their idiocy.
I'll pull for Clemson, they may have voted no but otherwise kept their mouths shut. It's the other two I'd love to watch lose.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
They want the same thing, they are just cowardly letting fsu take all the heat
I don’t think so. Clemson may want out, but FSU seems intent to set fire to it all on the way out the door.

I can’t root for FSU or LSU, but I think the best thing for the ACC right now is OOC wins. Once we start conference play, I am pulling for anyone but FSU.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I will root for both FSU and UNC to beat their SEC opponents this weekend - I always root for that. But except for those games they can lose every game on their schedule as far as I am concerned.

While I hate that conferences are now as large as they are and I wish we could go back to 8-10 game conferences - they really aren't conferences anymore at all, except in name, this is where college football is due to chasing money.

This does help the ACC on a number of fronts though.
It increases the money that each school will receive and puts more distance between the ACC and B12. ACC is never going to catch the SEC and B1G in terms of money and from a market standpoint it doesn't really deserve to. But there is going to be some distance financially between the ACC and B12 and it is likely to remain there for the long term.

This also makes it much easier for the ACC to remain viable long term. It also gives the members much more leeway if any schools do depart as you have more remaining.

One last note. This will also dilute the power of Clemson, FSU and UNC going forward as they would need to find 2 more votes to defeat any motion.

Rumor was both NCST and UNC were going to vote yes at the beginning of the week before the meeting got delayed, so it looks like UNC flipped back at the end of the week, but NCST stayed as a yes.

I'm just glad it is done and we can now focus on the games, starting with tonight's.

If college football truly wanted to be a "professional" sport than it would make sure that all the schools were receiving the same share of media money, but there are schools at the top of the heap that would never go for that. The Pro leagues understand the importance of competitive balance, but college football is all about 7-8 schools playing for a championship and everyone else simply playing to fill out schedules.

stingerman

Georgia Tech Fan
I think this is great, I think the ACC can't look at becoming part of the Big 2, it needs to focus on staying 3, our enemy is not the Big 10 or the SEC, its the Big 12.

I wish we could have gone big, and invited West VA, Okie State, and tried the 4 corners before they were snatched up by the Big 12.

Don't let the door hit you FSU on the way out!
Yes, this is the answer. The ACC is a national conference now with some of the best athletic brands and best academic institutions in college football. We need to behave like it. The B1G may have a larger set of TV contracts right now, but when you measure athletic and academic success, the ACC competes quite well.

slugboy

Staff member
The Paclantic Coast Conference?

All Coasts Conference?

Allowable Costs Conference?

The Duke v Stanford halftime battle of the bands will be memorable

Last edited:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Dallas and San Francisco are going to make great away trips. We have such a huge alumni presence in San Francisco and the support for both those programs is so poor that we might take over their stadiums.
Will the Alumni association allow the gtaa to use their alumni list for benefit of gtaa? Seems like all hands on deck is an obvious next step

i went to Will Call at USF game which was played in Tampa where i met gtaa secretary who said that AA has yet to share their list to GTAA.

SunBum

Georgia Tech Fan
All the talk about incentives for FSU and Clemson gave reason to think that might have changed their vote. If they still voted NO, then the conference ought to return to even distribution and let FSU bolt whenever they can raise the money.

Exactly, if the ones complaining about needing more money voted against a way to get them a little more money then tell them to pound sand.