Paul Johnson's job

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
LOL, I give up. I apologize for somehow being responsible for this tangent.

Again, I appreciate the loyalty and dedication it takes to be a fan of GT football without contact with the school side.

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
Here in Marietta the stores have ugag, auburn, bama stuff, but almost no tech. I know I am a broken record on this topic, but if they did the cheap season tickets, I would be there most games. Wife is a vandy alum and doesn't care about football So I cannot justify spending $1k for tickets. Not giving up boat habit for tickets.

Here in Marietta the stores have ugag, auburn, bama stuff, but almost no tech. I know I am a broken record on this topic, but if they did the cheap season tickets, I would be there most games. Wife is a vandy alum and doesn't care about football So I cannot justify spending $1k for tickets. Not giving up boat habit for tickets.
Let's hope the new AD will try to find some creative ways to get more fans in the stands, and I don't mean by offering free hot dogs and cokes

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
Off topic, but I have always enjoyed attending games at Clemson. Considering taking boat to our game there next year(uncle has season tix). Anyone ever gone there by boat? I assume there is a fun party on hartwell.

Watching the Clemson-Louisville game, and that last play by Louisville had more obvious (but uncalled) holding than that phantom one against us today. Why are we the only team that gets called for holding?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I am a little confused about GT history, so I looked up some w-l stuff. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_seasons
Some very selective memories on this board.
Also, I have spent a considerable amount of time involved with recruiting over the last 12 years and I have to say that GT has some very serious challenges with regard to academic requirements and what is required from their student athletes. This is usually glossed over here, but it is an impediment to high level recruiting in the Power 5. In other words, recruits don't come to GT because Math is Hard and recreation classes are fun. Not because Paul Johnson is a big meany who doesn't kiss 50 yr old ex-players butts.
So, firing talk? Really? Because you watched a game on TV or worse, In Person, and you think you know what wrong with the team. I watch a lot of football, and it is never easy to tell what's wrong, especially form the TV angle.
Or do you want to be the second school to fire a coach with a better resume than any of the applicants are going to bring?
Just wanted to bump this.