Nick Chubb: "They got a little lucky"

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I listened to the "bulldwag roundtable" on 680 this morning just so I could hear all the excuses! It was great!

Lol, I forced myself to listen to some of it too. They spent time on UGA basketball men's and women's just to avoid talking about our game. Glorious.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Lol UGA had just as many breaks as we did. Huge 14 point swing with a terrible call, JT with the late fumble giving them a chance. You could even say Andrews' dropped pass earlier in the game was equivalent to one of their goal line fumbles. He would've walked into the endzone had he caught it.

Have't watched the full replay yet. Had vorgotten about that play. Good point out @jeffgt14

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Got Lucky?!?!
WOW.

We FORCED the two goal line fumbles with Chubb and Michel. FORCED.

Also the "fumble" by JeT at the goal line was a TD or at minimum his forward progress should have marked him down at the 1 yard line and led to a 4th and 1 situation.

Their 4-5 star filled defense couldn't stop our 2-3 star filled "High School" Offense and thus kept trying to strip the ball from us.

Dear UGA, Nick Chubb, and all other excuse makers.... You got BEAT. It could have been easily 28-10 or 35-10 during that game in favor of the Jackets.

LUCK? WOW. Just say good game and move on. But no you have to make excuses, UGA.

Oh well. I am so proud we won. Our team played their heart out and EARNED that win.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Lol UGA had just as many breaks as we did. Huge 14 point swing with a terrible call, JT with the late fumble giving them a chance. You could even say Andrews' dropped pass earlier in the game was equivalent to one of their goal line fumbles. He would've walked into the endzone had he caught it.
I hate calling that a fumble against JT5, because he didn't fumble it, it was ripped from him after 3 seconds of stopped forward motion and being pushed back.
This year is special AND IT"S NOT OVER!!!!

GO JACKETS!!! BEAT THE 'NOLES!!!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We had another play just like JT's goal line fumble a few years ago. I'm trying to remember who was carrying the ball...the whoever it was got stacked up...just like JT did....and the reffs conveniently lost their whistles that day also...our guy got stripped and the return man took it the other way. Cheat me once shame on you...cheat me twice....head of SEC refs needs his *** beat.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
it was Godhigh and it was the start of the 2012 beatdown. He was on the 3 and he was left alone amid a pack of Bulldogs because back then our team was still in, "We're little GT and can't go toe-to-toe against big bad UGA" mode.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I hate calling that a fumble against JT5, because he didn't fumble it, it was ripped from him after 3 seconds of stopped forward motion and being pushed back.
This year is special AND IT"S NOT OVER!!!!

GO JACKETS!!! BEAT THE 'NOLES!!!
Yea that’s why I didn’t call that a fumble. I only called the pump fake a fumble.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
We had another play just like JT's goal line fumble a few years ago. I'm trying to remember who was carrying the ball...the whoever it was got stacked up...just like JT did....and the reffs conveniently lost their whistles that day also...our guy got stripped and the return man took it the other way. Cheat me once shame on you...cheat me twice....head of SEC refs needs his *** beat.

also in 2006 it happened to Reggie iirc

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Outside of one "lucky" run Nick Chubb averaged 2.6 yards per carry. Oh and he got rocked multiple times.
Ok . . . so I was being generous in saying he was the 3rd best running back on the field . . . but I can be gracious in victory. :)

UGA was "lucky" to be in that game at all and to have a chance to win. Shoulda been GT vs Clemson, the road version.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
it was Godhigh and it was the start of the 2012 beatdown. He was on the 3 and he was left alone amid a pack of Bulldogs because back then our team was still in, "We're little GT and can't go toe-to-toe against big bad UGA" mode.
It was Robby Godhigh.. He fumbled on the 1 after I think like a 20 yard carry, and that's when the beat down begun. The life of the clearly "Overmatched" GT Team deflated, heck we even resorted to throwing a screen pass to Ray Beno. (Which was Stuffed by UGA)

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
No reason to be sorry, I feel the same way.

Actually I take pleasure in it now, love hearing all the excuses.

Besides the fumbles...Chubb had several chances to score in the RZ and got STUFFED.
Stuffed turkey and stuffed Chubb. Lots to be thankful for.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
i hope we get a couple more chances at beating your sorry azz chubbs, but i'm really pretty worried that you'll do something stupid and get kicked to the curb at ugag, and you know the "next hershael" is always right behind you....

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Saw the game for second time and guess what.......we still won.............I guess from old coaching standpoint I am concerned about some of the calls......they no blow on JT at the one and then at end of the game they whistle every play..........saw a lot of pushing off from Ga and even the last play was a push.........what I did like though was the total sell out the defense put on the field..........they got hell knocked out of them and it looked like they were not used to it at all. One thing I did notice is MR looked like he could care less who won......wonder if this is his final game with them....anyway got Chubby clocked and it still looks like we won.............dont wake me up guys.........been long time.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with your assessment about their getting knocked around by our defense. We were bringing the pain with some of our hits. Hope to see more of that on Saturday.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
The score definitely didn't reflect the beat down that they were getting. IF they didn't have so many things fall their way the game could have been a blowout. I prefer snatching victory out of the jaws of defeat though. Shows me more about this team.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The score definitely didn't reflect the beat down that they were getting. IF they didn't have so many things fall their way the game could have been a blowout. I prefer snatching victory out of the jaws of defeat though. Shows me more about this team.
Both teams had 2 key plays go their way. We had two big breaks that we forced, they had two aided by incompetent refs. That's the difference. On top of that, they blocked two kicks by illegally hitting the snapper and they injured our star wr after the play should have been blown dead. All in all, they had more breaks and still lost.