Nick Chubb: "They got a little lucky"

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Whoa, whoa now. Let's not take it too far. We'd be effective with Byerly, but we've seen JT do some things that no others could match.
Agree..we had Laskey and Hill last year and they could run inside but lets face it we have not had a qb that could get outside like JT can and he can throw too

Mack

Helluva Engineer
What's especially ironic is that we actually did lose our starting QB coming into the season.
Well we came out allright did we not.......I too felt like JT was too little to take the punishment but he did a whale of a job this year.......his speed is the key to our year in my John Madden opinon....

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Ok, I got a little excited. We'd be stepping down a notch, but nothing compared to Clemson or most other teams. We'd still have a fighting chance in most our games, that's for sure.
Calm down.........I am in your corner......I think next year the teams we beat weill not be as down as they are this year and thats not our fault.....Clemson there is no fun and Miami down south can be bad too.GA will again be good but they too are headcases but VT should rebound and I think we can take Dook and NC and NCS so again we are even with them ...........all we need to have is even chance and we have that.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
The main difference Isee between 2008 and 2009 is that our defensive front got worse between those years...whereas I think they'll even better in 2015. Perimeter blocking could be an issue, but not by November.
No doubt there are many differences between the two teams but my point after Chans guys left on DL we could not stop anybody...........this year we started slow but after stepping up with dogs and combos we actually did well last five games of the year.This is first year we have had speed at qb and thats a plus and maybe some beef comes in to help with the defense.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think JT is worth two extra wins a year due to his feet........his ability to scrambel is what is so crucial or offense especily passing game.I like Byerly and he runs and throws well but JT AND HIS SPEED are hard to stop.

Yeah. Much as I admire Byerly, I doubt he would have been able to outrun the spy UGa had on JT that last play and get us the 21 yards we needed to make the FG. Remember, if Byerly had been able to get 20 on that play, the FG would have been no good. It HAD to be 21 yards.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Yeah. Much as I admire Byerly, I doubt he would have been able to outrun the spy UGa had on JT that last play and get us the 21 yards we needed to make the FG. Remember, if Byerly had been able to get 20 on that play, the FG would have been no good. It HAD to be 21 yards.
Nobody seems to want to go back and look at our or PJs sucess prior to Tech.....he had outstanding qb in Tracy Ham for few year and really we have not had one anywhere like him until this year.All I have been saying is you need the fleet footed at qb with this offense and until this year we have been a seven anf fiv ballclub with our qbs.Hey By can be a good qb since he is strong JN type runner but JT gets outside and can scramble and thata is the key to our year........NOT taking anythig fromthe guys.......we are a good football team but no qb means no option at tech............Remember at one time all the teams that had good qbs and ran the bone......Bama,Aubie,TX,Neb,MSU,OK,etc yet when they couldnt get a qb that could fly....they went to something else....Not a doubter just trying to have a good conversation with good tech fans.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
It's a give and take skill set comparison, too. Byerly probably would have scored on the play where JT "fumbled" for a 97 yard td return. JT got impatient and didn't look for a crease, ever see Byerly do that?

Mack

Helluva Engineer
It's a give and take skill set comparison, too. Byerly probably would have scored on the play where JT "fumbled" for a 97 yard td return.
The key word is "probably"..No doubt weighing all factors of stenth and bulk ...he would have scored..........probably is big word though but nodoubt JT was in the endzone anyway.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The key word is "probably"..No doubt weighing all factors of stenth and bulk ...he would have scored..........probably is big word though but nodoubt JT was in the endzone anyway.
I wasn't even referring to strength. Byerly is master of patience and picking his crease. JT usually does that, too, but he decided to run blindly up Laskey's rear. Maybe that's the play design, I dunno.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
image.jpg
It is really simple. When a Chubb meets a Johnson (Isaiah) balls drop.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I wasn't even referring to strength. Byerly is master of patience and picking his crease. JT usually does that, too, but he decided to run blindly up Laskey's rear. Maybe that's the play design, I dunno.
Well in the option as in many offenses.....speed kills and no doubt JT has that......yeah By can run this offense but not so sure it can be run as effectively as this year with jt at the helm.....glad we have both of them. Dont worry that much about the so called fumble...........if I was going in to the fray I would be behind Laskey too.......looked like called play to me...........

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Getting lil too chubby for his own good.

And swann? He comes in like a Ferguson rioter and steals a dead ball from JT and fakes a TD run. But did you see him when Zach Laskey ran his butt over into the end zone? He threw his hands up quicker than you can say "NO MAS!".

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Nick Chubb is the 3rd best back we have played. I wouldn't read much into it, he probably has a concussion from IJ busting him in the mouth.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Well hope we do but remember the first time PJ beat them in Athens and with JN and JD coming back and Crockett and others and even playing at home........we fizzed...we can do it no doubt but I am going to play it one game at a time but................man will I have my revenge for 364 days.

i'll take this TEAM over that '09 one any day of the week (and they hold a special place in my heart)