Luginbill disses Tech!

Mack

Helluva Engineer
He was also hyping Synjyn as the next star QB a few years ago when there was hardly a peep outta camp about his performance. Dude was talking outta his ***.
Going to the boro thursday .....but will not be wearing my GT hat......aint that dumb.May see you there.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Luginbill is buttsore because many of the GT fanbase are vocal in their opinion that Donnie Davis got screwed when Bill Lewis played Luginbill over him. Apparently, Lewis and Luginbill's dad are pals.
That was a bad time no doubt......Tommy never got over that it seems and besides he was JC transfer was he not ?

thwgjacket

Did nobody else catch the play-by-play guy for ESPN say "George O'Leary thought about moving to the triple option until a 'gunslinger' named Tom Lunginbill came to town and changed his mind." Lunginbill then replied "Yes, that's how it went down." This was during our game against VT and I lmao'd. Lunginbill transferred when O'Leary came in.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Did nobody else catch the play-by-play guy for ESPN say "George O'Leary thought about moving to the triple option until a 'gunslinger' named Tom Lunginbill came to town and changed his mind." Lunginbill then replied "Yes, that's how it went down." This was during our game against VT and I lmao'd. Lunginbill transferred when O'Leary came in.
Yeah I heard that. It was interesting

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

OMFG I heard that and threw the remote at the TV I was so mad. Luckily I have a Luginbill-esque arm and ended up fumbling it untouched during my windup. ;)

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The entire dialog about O'Leary was a joke aimed at Luginbill, who was the sidelines reporter. You guys are too smart for this to go any deeper.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The entire dialog about O'Leary was a joke aimed at Luginbill, who was the sidelines reporter. You guys are too smart for this to go any deeper.

Yeah, I think we all got that. My incredulity came from the mere intimation that anything positive came from his being on the team during those years.

The hate for him and the head coach he had in his pocket runs really deep in some of us.

4NatlChmps

Jolly Good Fellow
This!!!! I blame dude for everything in the Bill Lewis (Dwag step son) brief coma this program was in. Someone nailed it earlier - his dad and Lewis were buddies. Hey BL, how'd tht work out for you and your career? It's funnier that TL is doing basically an interns job as a 47 year old.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Maybe I am the one who missed it, but I think the joke was that TL left GT because O'Leary threatened to install the option offense, where TL, as the QB would have to get his uniform dirty. I won't even type the initials of the previous coach. Funny, but I live near Greenville, NC and the ECU campus. That coach is a revered person there and they have very fond memories of him. As a result, no ECU grads are ever invited to dinner at my house. Can't take any chances!

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
There's a reason luginbill has been at ESPN for a while and is still the crappy sideline reporter. The guy is an idiot. It sucks that he went to tech. He's my least favorite "analyst" other than David pollack of course.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Just watched a little round table discussion with Luginbill and two other dudes on ESPN. Luginbill likes JT but completely dissed Tech and said if they were a stock then he's selling. He was basically laughing about us being 4-0. One of the other guys said everyone has caught up to the option so he was selling also.
I don't care about Luginbill but the other quote is annoying. I have about decided that sports "journalism" really does not require you to know anything pick up a paycheck. These guys think they sound smart by repeating tired cliches but they never stop and examine how illogical it is to think that knowing how an offense works is the same as knowing how to stop it. I guess when pro offenses in the NFL work it is only because no one on defense knows how they work.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I'll be there, Mack! Just don't wear any red and you're good, haha!
Well I have a very pretty white hat with gold GT..........I am not as quick as I used to be since I am 6t6 but if I wear it and you hear commotion tailgating come and come quick..........Still have your number and may be able to give you a call.Going to be in the new seats.....looking forward to it.See you there.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
This!!!! I blame dude for everything in the Bill Lewis (Dwag step son) brief coma this program was in. Someone nailed it earlier - his dad and Lewis were buddies. Hey BL, how'd tht work out for you and your career? It's funnier that TL is doing basically an interns job as a 47 year old.
You know all of us dream about the good old days but can you imagine the team we may have had with GOL replanting Ross..........man Jones and several real good playes only one year removed from NC......Lewis is good guy but was out of his element.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Shoot nobody in their right mind would make a tough Irish guy like GOL change his mind once it was made up........Tommy I think has his info mixed up.