Luginbill disses Tech!

Old School

Jolly Good Fellow
Just watched a little round table discussion with Luginbill and two other dudes on ESPN. Luginbill likes JT but completely dissed Tech and said if they were a stock then he's selling. He was basically laughing about us being 4-0. One of the other guys said everyone has caught up to the option so he was selling also.

slugboy

Staff member
It's the smart move--figuring a team will regress after an upset. Maybe enough of this and the kids will keep their "us against the world" mentality a while longer.

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow
He was also hyping Synjyn as the next star QB a few years ago when there was hardly a peep outta camp about his performance. Dude was talking outta his ***.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
He was also hyping Synjyn as the next star QB a few years ago when there was hardly a peep outta camp about his performance. Dude was talking outta his ***.

He was probably just reading our boards ...everyone here was hyping SD until they saw him play QB. Some still hype his play to this day.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He was probably just reading our boards ...everyone here was hyping SD until they saw him play QB. Some still hype his play to this day.

I remember that...especially after he completed 3 passes against UGA in 2011 at the end of the game in mop up duty.

I'd rather wait until the end of the season before calling out the "experts". We could fall flat on our faces against Miami and the rest of our schedule and the "experts" would look pretty good about "selling" GT and we'd have to eat crow.

Remember, we're 4-0, but we've only played 1 conference game. Our one conference game was against a team who can't decide whether they're bad or good on any given week. WAAAY too early to predict whether we're a "buy" or "sell" team...most teams for that matter.

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
Just watched a little round table discussion with Luginbill and two other dudes on ESPN. Luginbill likes JT but completely dissed Tech and said if they were a stock then he's selling. He was basically laughing about us being 4-0. One of the other guys said everyone has caught up to the option so he was selling also.
He's one of those guys that thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, when really he's an insecure "wannabe"... It's sad and pathetic if you think about it. He has talked stuff like that since he's been there.

I'm no better than him though... He's not proud of his brief association with Tech, and I'm not proud of his association with Tech either... I guess we're both pretty weak :)

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Honesty will set you free. I find no issue with what he said. I like JT alot. I see things that concern me. The D front is a big concern and the team is very young. For me to buy stock I would have to feel that our roster is more talanted than the teams we play. It is not. That being said, only two team have so much more talant that it makes it very unlikely that those contests go our way. Good thing they are not played on paper.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Good friend of mine had a class with that bozo. I believe he said he skipped often. I know for a fact he said luigibull laid down with his head in his girlfriend's lap during lecture. Not a talking head I've ever given a crap about.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Fwiw, imo, we have not shown the consistency of a great team. I wouldn't be surprised by 6+ more wins or by 4+ more losses.

However, the suggestion that the O has been "figured out" seems ignorant regardless.

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd rather wait until the end of the season before calling out the "experts". We could fall flat on our faces against Miami and the rest of our schedule and the "experts" would look pretty good about "selling" GT and we'd have to eat crow.

i don't think you can even classify luginbill with quotes as an expert! i've seen his ridiculous comments on many teams blow up in his face. it's win/win for this dufus to say "sell" in his mind, most likely. if he's wrong he'll spin it to make himself look good somehow so there's never any proverbial egg on his face. he'll blame it on poor play by the other teams and that we're a fluke. yeah, like no "expert" has ever played the quirky, offensive, fluke card before about us.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
A smart response would've been to say, "I'm just holding." Because we can win and lose every game on our schedule. I believe we'll win more often than we lose, and I'm also not sure how many times we have to be one of the best offenses in the Conference before we convince people it's just a good offense.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I know it's not as sexy as the West Coast offense, but we are doing just fine with the TO. During CPJ's time at Tech, the defense has been the issue. I know we may not win another game. Or, we might win out. But, whether ESPN guys like the triple option is irrelevant.

Old School

Jolly Good Fellow
He said he had "no idea how we even made it to 4-0". I do......we scored more points than everyone else! I wonder if Bud Foster and the VT defense thought they had the offense figured out when JT was ripping down the sideline on that run that got called back? Or when Smelter reeled in that pass with absolutely nobody around him to tie the game? They looked a little lost on those two if you ask me. I love this offense!!!!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Luginbill is buttsore because many of the GT fanbase are vocal in their opinion that Donnie Davis got screwed when Bill Lewis played Luginbill over him. Apparently, Lewis and Luginbill's dad are pals.
All of this. He knows he's a pariah on the Flats.

He said he had "no idea how we even made it to 4-0". I do......we scored more points than everyone else! I wonder if Bud Foster and the VT defense thought they had the offense figured out when JT was ripping down the sideline on that run that got called back? Or when Smelter reeled in that pass with absolutely nobody around him to tie the game? They looked a little lost on those two if you ask me. I love this offense!!!!

Give him credit for being honest. He really didn't know how we got to 4-0 because he probably didn't watch any of our games )including the one he was present for).