Guy you are most excited about coming in?

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
The guys in this class with the best chance to play are wide receivers, B-backs and A-backs. With three departures each at WR and BB, those spots are wide open. Assuming our returnees are healthy in the Fall, we know who the starting A-backs will be.

I think Will Brian might get some time in a back-up role. I am not sure who it will be, but someone will have to take Nealy's spot. I doubt it will be a freshman. With JJ Green coming in and Hunt-Days likely back, I doubt we will see any of the freshman play much on D.

JJ not eligible for the 2015 season and he is projected at AB for 2016-2017.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Not sure if you know this, but JJ Green is coming to GT to play running back. Also, he will not be eligible to play until 2016.
You are right about JJ. I got my classes confused. I still doubt any of these freshmen DBs will move Step or the Austins back. Those guys have talent and a year of experience.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
The guys in this class with the best chance to play are wide receivers, B-backs and A-backs. With three departures each at WR and BB, those spots are wide open. Assuming our returnees are healthy in the Fall, we know who the starting A-backs will be.

I think Will Brian might get some time in a back-up role. I am not sure who it will be, but someone will have to take Nealy's spot. I doubt it will be a freshman. With JJ Green coming in and Hunt-Days likely back, I doubt we will see any of the freshman play much on D.

I would love to see Will play this year but would hate to see 6 OL persons graduate together. We need to play some freshmen DBs only because we have Golden, Smith, Noble, White, and Milton graduating after 2015 season and we need to build some DB experience to replace them.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think the recruit that has the best chance to see the field first and make an impact is Cotrell. Sure, he'll be green as celery and there will be doubts - probably well founded - about his being able to handle blocking chores at AB. But you simply don't sit machine timed 4.3 40 players on the bench. The minute Cotrell steps on the Tech campus he will be one of the fastest players in the ACC; nay, in the Southeast. You find a way to get players like that on the field. Pronto.

We have many good and a few great recruits lined up on D also, but most of them need a year. There's a good chance Henderson will be pressed into duty early, but I don't see him as a game changing player. Yet.
Are we talking ACC speed here?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Due in large part to need my guy is Anree S-A. May not be physically ready but if he could be an answer to our SDE need...watch out.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
The 3 most impressive tapes I saw came from Will Bryan, Vic , and Marshall. These are highlight tapes of course, and I haven't seen any of these guys play in person... but I really liked what I saw. Im not taking into accout all the individual accolades our recruits received. Just pure wow factor on tape.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
My favorite is VA-who probably can't be RS next yr.Too tough.
and since almost everyone else is saying more than one--Bryan-who I hope RShirts and then becomes the best OT in PJ's tenure

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
From a COFH standpoint: Will Bryan, who not only saw the light but led his family out from darkness; Marcus Marshall, who saw his brother go astray but stood the test and chose correctly; J.J. Green, who, thank God Almighty, is free at last; and Dante Wiggins, who not only did not get on the plane unlike a prior Dontae, also did not answer the phone when the devil tried to call him.

Posts like this are why we need a "Like" button, a "LIKE!" button, and a "FTW!!" button on this board...

THWG 24-7-365!

Last edited:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I hope CP proves to be better at highpointing the ball than his film showed. It's no good being tall if you don't play tall. It took Waller till his senior yr to finally maximize his size advantage.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Interesting read on Christian Philpott. Does this change anyone's list on here?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...football-conference-teams-top-recruit/page/16

Philpott has been my favorite GT offensive recruit all year. Super excited about him. If he can work on his explosiveness off the line like Smelter did last year, and get his blocking down...he will play sooner than later. CPJ said he's closer to 6'4 now...and he's already 200 lbs. Physically he's a Day 1 player...it's just a matter of getting in and learning the system. IMHO, he's the next GT WR in our assembly line to the NFL.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I like Philpott but to place a lot of stock in Bleacher Report is not something I would do. There really is no way of knowing, but any of the 27 guys we signed has the potential to emerge as our best recruit. It is fun to speculate but only time will tell.

Go Jackets!