Extension Agreement

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is how you take advantage of opportunity & build momentum... and I'm not talking about CPJ getting his extension, I'm talking about GT rejuvenating its program in a sustainable manner. Now let's get those assistants taken care of and keep recruiting like hellfire!

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Great news. Glad GT gave him what he asked for (according to Eric).

Not to derail the extension thread into a future OC thread, but on the staff right now I can see Sewak as a great OC with a strong leader (Roof?) as HC. Sewak's offenses at gsu were prolific, and he understands the OL adjustments that we make better than anyone else.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Like Techster, I just saw this on Gameday. As if our players and staff couldn't get more excited for the championship today. This is gonna be a good one.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Jim Hart just slit his wrists :rolleyes:

11173661_800.jpg

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
Wondering if 2020 is when CPJ decides to hang up the headset. Thought the extension would be a little longer.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Heard that the assistants deal just included more than one year contracts. I know that's important for the coaches and their families. Big get for them, BUT Im hoping there is some extra money earmarked for our assistants. Extended terms are good but CPJs staff are the still one of the lowest paid in the acc. if what schad is saying is correct, and cpj is one of the top earners, then those two together isn't good for us long term in my opinion. We can't consistently have our assts poached.

Glad it got done though.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Heard that the assistants deal just included more than one year contracts. I know that's important for the coaches and their families. Big get for them, BUT Im hoping there is some extra money earmarked for our assistants. Extended terms are good but CPJs staff are the still one of the lowest paid in the acc. if what schad is saying is correct, and cpj is one of the top earners, then those two together isn't good for us long term in my opinion. We can't consistently have our assts poached.

Glad it got done though.

Some of that may be bc we don't have an OC.

Mechaniik

Georgia Tech Fan

Glad it got done though.

To be fair, Schad said that Johnson was becoming one of the 4 best paid coaches in the ACC, but he's already the 5th, and would need a salary increase of only $80,000 to move above Frank Beamer, so his salary increase mightn't necessarily be that large at all.

(see: http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/)

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Haha and just last week....quotes saying. "Things could get interesting." and everyone ready to fire MBob hahaha