Extension Agreement

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
So what are the chances that no extra cash is thrown at base comp, but money is moved to other support staff? If I'm CPJ, I'm loving the extra guaranteed money, maybe more bonus $, and buyout, but already feeling good about my annual compensation. Having that moved to other areas, that in the long run will greatly increase the likelihood of success and simplify his job, seems like a good idea.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It hasn't been written out and signed so it's not as official.

I checked with my source on the staff ..."Heard that PJ got what he wanted . But have not heard specifics"

I hope part of the "got what he wanted" is a larger support staff to help with recruiting, and bigger budget for assistants. Oh, and all large frosted oranges any man could want...

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Good. As I said before: extend him and don't quibble about the cost.

And, believe me, given the way I feel about the salaries paid college coaches in the revenue sports and the grotesque inflation of the importance of college sports in post-secondary education, that is going some. But Coach deserves this. Many of his overpaid, corrupt (we're looking at you, UNC coaches), and marginally competent peers surely don't.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@Techster

I was told he wanted more help in the recruiting office...we are up to 3 but we are still under staffed compared to others.

Was also told that he wants this to be his (likely) last contract and that he wants to win it all...when he met with MBob I was told that he was going to ask for what he felt he needed to win it all...and recruiting front and staff support were two of the main things...my source said the $$$ money donors were on CPJs side.

Said he feels CPJ has 5-7 years left max.