Bobby Dodd Renovation in the NE Stands

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I'm excited - the renderings look really good and this should be a good recruiting tool. I know the CULC construction was a (small) factor in my choice to attend Tech (a building of which I definitely got my money's worth over my 4.5 years) so I'm sure athletes and recruits across all of our sports will be equally excited about this.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
I would invite him to describe what a G5 future looks like, since it seems to be a favorite expression of his, but I hate to encourage people throwing up on a page.
Because Tech is not going to get an invite to a P2 conference and teams like FSU, Clemson, Miami, UNC, UVA, VT. Louisville and probably Duke will get a seat at the table before GT. Where does that leave GT and the balance of the ACC, a conference worse that the AAC. Hello G5. There is your description, *******.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Because Tech is not going to get an invite to a P2 conference and teams like FSU, Clemson, Miami, UNC, UVA, VT. Louisville and probably Duke will get a seat at the table before GT. Where does that leave GT and the balance of the ACC, a conference worse that the AAC. Hello G5. There is your description, *******.
GT is high on the list of BIG interest. Higher than most in ACC. BIG has wanted a prcense in Atlanta a long time. Before you start with FB relevance, BIG added Rutgers for geographical reasons, not sports excellense.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Settle down.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
A LOT has changed in the cable TV world since then .......
Things have changed as far as cable to streaming goes but those streaming services like utubetv, hulu, etc still have to pay to broadcast the BIG network and they still have to pay and charge more per subscriber for a team in market. Guess who has the largest market by far of ANY of the teams you listed? The SEC and BIG both supposedly want UNC and UVA (possibly even more than CU and FSU) because they badly want to expand their footprint into new markets, how does that not apply to GT?

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
My God, it is as if you think Jesus is going to come down from heaven and save the conference. The ship has sailed ...
Literally 12 months ago the Big 12 was dead in the water with no Texas/Oklahoma. The Pac-12 was the one about to become the super conference. Life changes fast in college football and I’m not going to declare the sky is falling until we actually are in the G5.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Some folks are cockeyed optimists, seeing everything with a rosy tint. Some are hopeful, expecting the best but understanding bad things do happen. Some are skeptical, expecting those bad things to happen. Some are pessimists, convinced the world is ending in the near future. Some act as if the world has already ended. I pity these folks, because there’s always a bit of light even in the darkness, yet they will never experience it.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Some folks are cockeyed optimists, seeing everything with a rosy tint. Some are hopeful, expecting the best but understanding bad things do happen. Some are skeptical, expecting those bad things to happen. Some are pessimists, convinced the world is ending in the near future. Some act as if the world has already ended. I pity these folks, because there’s always a bit of light even in the darkness, yet they will never experience it.
And some have no reason left for living and hover on the edge of the abyss.