Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Fran is a savage. He's basking in all this drama.

Fran is basking in this heavily. Said yesterday STTE: 'If a guy like that, who's never been interested in Lville, shows up at your door you gotta know to ask why.'

I hadn't realized how deeply this kid was tied to MichSt until suddenly being all Cardinal. His cousin is Jason Richardson! He was groomed to go to MichSt ever since he was a baby basically. Then shows up at Lville willing to pay for a UOV before committing? And Pitino didn't think that was weird?! C'mon man!

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Fran is basking in this heavily. Said yesterday STTE: 'If a guy like that, who's never been interested in Lville, shows up at your door you gotta know to ask why.'

I hadn't realized how deeply this kid was tied to MichSt until suddenly being all Cardinal. His cousin is Jason Richardson! He was groomed to go to MichSt ever since he was a baby basically. Then shows up at Lville willing to pay for a UOV before committing? And Pitino didn't think that was weird?! C'mon man!

And yet he was considered an Oregon lean up until commitment day

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Gawd...could the NCAA be complicit in getting players paid?

Shiii, the NCAA will be lucky to just be at the end of all of this. If anything, they're co-conspirators with these shoe companies. I said before, and it bears repeating, like 93% of their revenue comes in March/April. 93%! Think about that. College basketball is the NCAA. They have clear motives to protect the bball blue bloods.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
A good summary plus some highlighted quotes from the indictment
What Book Richardson case means for Arizona Wildcats
93. On July 7, Dawkins spoke to the undercover agent by telephone and told him that Richardson would accept $15,000 extra as an advance for his $5,000 monthly fee and said that if the agent “could get this thing done…(Sean Miller) is talking out of his mouth, he wants (the recruit) bad as (expletive). So the leverage I have with the program would be ridiculous at that point.”

When the agent asked where Richardson would give the money Dawkins said its sometimes best to go the recruit’s handler because “the kids 90 percent of the time ain’t making they own decisions. They don’t (expletive) care.”
94. On or about July 20, Richardson met with Sood and, in a recording by the FBI agent, said the recruit had “committed to us” but that his mom asked for money because “she didn’t know what I was already doing for her son.” Richardson also said in reference to directing players to Sood, Dawkins and the undercover agent that “this is done.”

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Oh and @RonJohn , if you're into crazy theories w.r.t. why these charges are coming forth despite "no real crime being committed", I heard an NBA guy say he wouldn't be surprised this investigation is Trump's way of gettin' at Lebron. I think that's bull considering (a) Lebron's agency doesn't need to recruit, guys come to them and (2) well, it's just a ridiculous theory overall.

King2b

Jolly Good Fellow
Oh and @RonJohn , if you're into crazy theories w.r.t. why these charges are coming forth despite "no real crime being committed", I heard an NBA guy say he wouldn't be surprised this investigation is Trump's way of gettin' at Lebron. I think that's bull considering (a) Lebron's agency doesn't need to recruit, guys come to them and (2) well, it's just a ridiculous theory overall.

Didn't this investigation start in 2015? :rolleyes:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

The NBA guy you cite is a complete moron. This investigation started in.....2015. Maybe Obama had it out for Lebron. Oh wait...that doesn't fit the narrative, and people care more about narratives than truth.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
tumblr_m8m0o64kNx1rrhz69.gif

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just think of it as 'bribery'. Bribery be bad.

Yeah, but I bribed my kid with the promise of a car to get better grades. It worked. It be good.

Any summary for impact on GT other than there may be a lot more recruits we may have a shot at?

Anyone think the NCAA establishment may get nailed for being so lax in ignoring these bribes and cash payments to players? After all, BB is their big cash cow.