A reminder

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Frankly, I am much less surprised by being 9-2 and coastal champs than by @33jacket starting a thread with a "love our coach" vine. Before the season started, I would've thought GT more likely to be a 13-0 ACC champ than this thread.

When I'm wrong, I admit it.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Frankly, I am much less surprised by being 9-2 and coastal champs than by @33jacket starting a thread with a "love our coach" vine. Before the season started, I would've thought GT more likely to be a 13-0 ACC champ than this thread.

When I'm wrong, I admit it.

Always loved pj the attitude. He is seriously like i would be as a coach. Didnt care for some decisions off the field but they are being corrected. I am behind him

Btw historically my issues more with the school than the coach. Mbob seems to be so much better than rad at managing this.

Last edited:

4NatlChmps

Jolly Good Fellow
This game will be all about our D. I will score 40 min maybe 50. We need to Blitz, play press and hope that "Dudson brick-Mason" doesn't have a Johnny U day. We have to coach our players on D not to get down on some long pass plays, they will have them. We just have to keep pressing, limit run and hope the drops and overthrows happen.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
What's troubling about this game is that UGag is averaging over 43 points per game. We are averaging 38. That's 5 points right there. The game is @ the cesspool so there's another 3-4.

Then there is the uncomfortable question: given our respective defenses, which team is more likely to hit their average.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
What's troubling about this game is that UGag is averaging over 43 points per game. We are averaging 38. That's 5 points right there. The game is @ the cesspool so there's another 3-4.

Then there is the uncomfortable question: given our respective defenses, which team is more likely to hit their average.
Both of us. Then take away 7 from the pick 6 we will get and that's a 14 point swing......

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

That's not quite the right measure we're scoring more pts/drive. They are the best O we've faced, but we're the best they've faced too.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That's not quite the right measure we're scoring more pts/drive. They are the best O we've faced, but we're the best they've faced too.
You know. I think you are right about that. I just went down their schedule and I think the two best O's they have faced are USC and AUB. You can draw your own conclusions. They lost to USC and shut down ALLBARN. Our offense is a unique challenge. It should be interesting.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I dont think the same Auburn that whipped LSU came to play last week. After they lost to A&M their chances were done and they didnt come to play. So do get worried about what they done to AU, I think we just put Uga on a pedestal thinking that they are world beaters. They are good, but we are too. Remember that!!
THWG!!

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
The SEC is overhyped this year... and UGA lost to 2 of the worst members. We all know how inept UFs offense is and they scored a ton on the mutts. Now UFs D is alot stronger than ours but I think it will even out. IMO home field advantage is the only thing Ugag has going for them. Now I know for them... home field is crazy impt. But not much else is in their favor. We are gonna play our best game of the year. I just have that vibe in my stomach. I felt it before Clemson also... so we shall see.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer

While you may look at our "numbers" to try to get a "gauge" as to where you think we may play against UGA on Saturday, might I suggest that you consider how our Jackets have been trending since the North Carolina game as, perhaps, a better benchmark, defensively, rather than their number from year-to-date as over the course of that timeframe, they have the 7th Best Scoring Defense of the Power Five Conference Teams. THIS is precisely why, in my opinion, why GA Tech has won their last 4 games by at least 22 points apiece. And as we all know, GA Tech didn't play any team from a lower classification, nor did we lose any game (convincingly), either, like our upcoming opponent, during this time period.

So the next question might logically be, who did we beat, then? Well, in that timeframe, we beat Pittsburgh (at Pittsburgh for their Homecoming game), Virginia (who just KILLED Miami), NC State (at NC State), and Clemson (who started their highly touted QB before we knocked him out, and then our defense scored more points than their offense). I wanted to add that Pittsburgh, Virginia, and Clemson each had/have highly rated Defenses, yet our offense moved the ball effectively against each of them, even getting over 325 yards of Total Offense against Clemson.

Now I'm not saying any of these FACTS will mean we will hold UGA's offense in check, nor our offense will be able to move the ball effectively against UGA's defense, but whay I AM saying is that based on what has transpired over the past month, chances are our offense WILL be able to move the ball and score some points and our defense WILL be able to make some necessary stops.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm more comfortable with our run defense than I am our defense against the screen.

screens catch blitzes...screens are about recognition. Our playside DE and OLB need to recognize those quick. The run defense part I am concerned with is in general we have struggled blocking zone teams and teams that power to one side...this year we have not done a great job of that.

96Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
IMO home field advantage is the only thing Ugag has going for them. Now I know for them... home field is crazy impt.
Three out of our last four wins against them have come at Sanford Stadium. It's not a huge sample, sure, and you have to go all the way back to '98, but it's worth noting. I'm actually a little more comfortable with this game being away from home. I hope our guys will be a little looser and have a bit more of a bunker mentality.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
If they throw it more than 20 times we will win.
I'm not that optimistic, but I see where you are coming from.

If they load up and run at us all game like they did in 2009 we are going to have to get real creative to have a chance.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

averages aren't caps nor predictors.

I'm more comfortable with our run defense than I am our defense against the screen.

Georgia's losses to South Carolina and Florida are evidence that you do not have to be a GREAT team to beat the mutts. Georgia can play remarkably weak sometimes. If they are looking ahead to the SECCG, they can taken.