Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego…um…er…Tashard Choice? (TX?)

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
A bit of thread cleanup here...posts pertinent to the HC rather than CTC were moved. As always, surgery was not precise.

I hate to see CTC leave. He did a great job and thus earned himself a nice promotion. We talk emotionally here, but how many of have turned down job offers that were double our salaries (or more) due to loyalty to our existing employers? I didn't think so.
He has to do what's best for himself and his family.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
A bit of thread cleanup here...posts pertinent to the HC rather than CTC were moved. As always, surgery was not precise.

I hate to see CTC leave. He did a great job and thus earned himself a nice promotion. We talk emotionally here, but how many of have turned down job offers that were double our salaries (or more) due to loyalty to our existing employers? I didn't think so.
I did didn't want to move Kanas City :) but it was only 50% more.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Great opportunity for a great guy. Being the running backs coach at THE RUNNING BACK U will be interesting with Riley in charge. Interesting. Congrats young man.

Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, I will continue with my depression.☹️

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s kind of like Gibbs. You can’t blame Choice at all - love the guy and will miss him but wish him well. I think if we are 9-3 and CTC gets that call, it’s a tough decision but one he likely makes even then. But coming off a 9 Ws for three season stretch, it had to be a bit easier.

It’s just sad where we are right now.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Seems like Urban Meyer might be unemployed by early January........see his resume as a running backs coach so he could use the training lol

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
There was money to keep him
I worked in a profession, not coaching, where I moved 8 times in 20 years. Each time l left, it was for a better opportunity or learning experience and the machine moved on behind me. When I became a manager, I supported my best people when they sought to advance if I couldn't promote them internally.

The churn is the nature of the beast in the coaching ranks. I'm hopeful we fill CTCs shoes with a motivated coach looking to make an impact. If money wasn't the issue, CTC made the decision for us. We can only move forward and embrace the change.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We dont have enough money to overcome the structual imbalences in Choices case. Remember that on long term we are near the bottom acc in giving and tickets.

Choice is a recruiting machine in the rb room and for rest of offense.

He came from North Texas to gt and his part of the program dominated while the rest of the gt football has been marginal at best.
Imo, the mega power usc has been slipping behind and decided hire the top offensive hc from ou to get back into the race. NOW they could not make better hire than Choice to coach and recruit Runnings Backs. For some of the young guys - USC was know as Running Back U.

On one level the over reliance on Gibbs was too easy a play call. Gibbs others bailed out poor blocking to get any gain and made average blocking look fine.

Going to be interesting to see who steps up - maybe we will play faster at wr and qb, be solid at TE , and be innovative w rb.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
That’s a big yikes. Will be interested to see if we hang onto Martin and who replaces Choice. The money factor is really tormenting us.
Yes but that is a huge opportunity for Choice. USC is a big time program and they will probably be able to turn their situation around much faster than Tech. Quite the stepping stone for a career.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

And you really think Collins is the only reason he came to coach here at Tech?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
how much longer can we keep blaming the fans for things? it’s collins and stansbury’s responsibility to earn and generate the money
The variabile souces of money are donations and tickets. The rest - tv, bowls, etc are fixed by conference and ncaa. Texas A M has three times the Alumni. There donations are almost 7 times our donations. (each alumn gives twice as much as the millionare tech grads, stadium is 100% full every game)

We need to up our $ game to be credible. The big guys are fighting each other - Choice decided he is ready for the big time.