What's your prediction for the season?

What will be GT's record at the end of the regular season?

• 12-0

Votes: 30 14.7%
  • 11-1

Votes: 18 8.8%
  • 10-2

Votes: 53 26.0%
  • 9-3

Votes: 70 34.3%
  • 8-4

Votes: 31 15.2%
  • 7-5

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 6-6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5-7 or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
It's not outside the realm of possibility. What if #5 gets hurt?

The people who picked 12-0 must live in Denver, they are quite high on life at the moment. But we gotta remember, VT returns a loaded D, UGA is a cursed game even when we have the better team, and ND is no slouch.

Duke will play us disciplined and isn't shabby anymore. NC, Pitt, and Miami have the horses to win.

I think being confident is one thing, being moonstruck is another.
After #5 we are still loaded with Tim!!

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
After #5 we are still loaded with Tim!!

I love Byerly, but he's not the game breaker that JeT is. Byerly will not beat VT single leggedly like JeT did, nor will he beat UGA (which was JeT's poorest game so just wait until he plays like he did in the orange bowl.)

My point is that we have a lot of blind spots about our team right now. CPJ has been trying to calm the hype all offsets on for a reason - we have set up the scenario where 9-3 is a disappointment now because a lot of allegedly logical people act like moonstruck Twilight fangirls. These same people will be out for blood if we go 8-4 or 9-3.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
The schedule is too good not to struggle a lot.I say we have 3 losses in 5 very good possibilities.(If JT goes out all bets are off.We will be competitive but not enough )
The Off will be weaker but the Def better overall-less TOs but more 3 and outs and punts.
Should be a hoot.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
These are my predictions for the upcoming year:

1. The BB position will have double the number of runs that go to the house from outside 20 yards than last year.
2. We will put the ball on the ground more often on offense than last year.
3. We will get more consistent pressure on the QB, nearly doubling the number of sacks.
4. Because of number 3, we will finally realize how good our secondary is.
5. We will hit the AB running down the seam with a pass more consistently than last season. In other words, JT will find the right guy more often.
6. Perimeter blocking will take a step back for most of the season.
7. We get the ball back to our offense more conventionally this year, meaning fewer TOs and more forced punts.
8. TOP will be slanted even more in our favor than last year.
9. Butker hits a higher percentage of kicks.
10. Kick and Punt coverage will be crazy good.
11. No single receiver will establish himself as the "go to" guy.
12. LB play will be surprisingly good.
13. 3rd down conversions remain high on offense but get lowered on defense.
14. We are often referred to as one of the fastest teams in the land.
15. The OL will prove to be just as good as last year.
16. The refs, bounces of the ball, and general overall luck will be just as crazy and unpredictable as any other season, except, this time, UGAg gets none of it.

You guys decide what record that leaves us with.

Well thought out list that should get a lot of agreement, including mine.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
It's not outside the realm of possibility. What if #5 gets hurt?

The people who picked 12-0 must live in Denver, they are quite high on life at the moment. But we gotta remember, VT returns a loaded D, UGA is a cursed game even when we have the better team, and ND is no slouch.

Duke will play us disciplined and isn't shabby anymore. NC, Pitt, and Miami have the horses to win.

I think being confident is one thing, being moonstruck is another.

Otter said: "He's on a roll, just let him go". There are a lot of Blutarsky's on this board.

Very unrealistic predictions, but that's what being a fan is about, I suppose. Take the average win prediction, subtract 2 1/2, and you'll get within half game of actual results. That's my prediction.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I voted 12-0 but I think it's more likely 10-2. I think JT's experience will result in him making great reads behind good blocking, setting up our talented RBs/WRs for some big plays. Defenses are going to cheat towards stopping JT, and now he has the experience to burn them.

wishbone

Georgia Tech Fan
Cold water splash on all the preseason hype. I hope you are wrong.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer

How can it not? Nearly everyone who blocks on the perimeter is new. Compare to last year where we had primarily seniors and 5th year seniors, some of whom were among the best we've seen at their position (Smelter).

/

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Just like 1990, there is no one on the schedule GT cannot beat.
That is not wearing rose colored glasses IMHO. To go undefeated is not easy and chances are we will lose 2 or 3 maybe more but we can play with anybody. We have a great group of talented guys that play team football and a leader in JT5 that has the drive and intensity that permeates the team when we need to perform. 6 PM EST Sept 19 we will know what kind of team we have. We beat ND, then an undefeated season is not out of the realm of possibility. Until then the coaches get paid big bucks to put the puzzle pieces together. I don't need to fret over it. Doesn't do a darn bit of good. Go Jackets!! THWG!!

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hope I am wrong too. Keep in mind, I am not saying it will be bad, but more than likely, there will be some growing pains out there, not only in assignments, but in technique and efficiency. Call it experience drop off.

In my mind, this is far from a cold water splash. If you read the rest of the list, there are many positives that have a chance to counterbalance this. Bottom line, the 2015 team will be different. They ALWAYS are. I think we will hit a ton of big plays this year. Last year we grinded it out a little more than in years past. Those big plays will come from all over the offense. As a downside though, I think we can expect to put the ball on the ground a little more. Ball security is an issue that young college players traditionally struggle with. Running with the ball and catching the ball are very instinctive parts of the game for them and won't be a problem. Inexperienced players are typically risk takers and underestimate the force and frequency with which they get whacked from all angles at this level.

Defense and kicking will be better. What is the net result of all that? I dunno. There isn't a single team we will be overmatched by, but by the same token, there are probably 4 games on the schedule where, whether favored or not, are gonna be close to 50-50 propositions. It is hard to win them all.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
How can it not? Nearly everyone who blocks on the perimeter is new. Compare to last year where we had primarily seniors and 5th year seniors, some of whom were among the best we've seen at their position (Smelter).

/
I agree with you in principle but keep in mind Smelter was simply a great athlete. He was not in the system as long as some others and his senior year was kind of his real breakout year, made better by the fact that is definitely was Waller's breakout year. This year we have three receivers who have been in the system for a while now and have added some deep talent. Not arguing, because, like I said, I agree with you in principle, but WR blocking may not be as much of a problem as AB blocking.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with the sentiments above. I think the thing that makes this year so exciting is that someone could make a legitimate case for GT as a playoff team (undefeated or one loss). Everyone on the board acknowledges that we can compete with EVERY team on our schedule. We aren't scared of anybody. Sure, the bounces could go the wrong way, the injury bug could hit us in all the wrong places, and we could end up 7-5. But, just the fact that we can look at our team as it stand today (some two weeks before toe meets leather) and say, "It is not unreasonable to see this team go all the way," is a huge blessing and makes this season one full of anticipation and fun.

We have a contender. Now lets play ball and see what happens. Whether we are 7-5 or 15-0 at the end, I'll still be cheering for the jackets!