What needs to happen for you to want to keep CPJ?

What needs to happen for you to want to keep CPJ?

• Keep him no matter what

Votes: 158 61.7%
  • Fire him no matter what

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • At least 8 wins

Votes: 64 25.0%
  • Beat uga

Votes: 20 7.8%

• Total voters

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
This isn't a fire CPJ thread or anything of that nature...Just want to discuss what you it takes for you to want to keep CPJ as coach.

Just trying to get a feel of the fanbase.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
He needs to prove he can win against Pitt, UVA, and Clem. I'll take UGA, but I don't think the best coach in world can beat them with our D.

I didn't need him to beat Clem to prove his worth until these last 2 games. If he can pull it off, I'll back off. I'm an outsider(in terms of what's going on behind the scenes), but for the life of me I can't figure out why this was the game plan.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
We have to see what he can do with this incoming class. The team would be unbeaten with a few studs on D.
I understand what you are saying but it will be 2-3 years before we know how good that class really is. At this current rate, PJ doesn't have that much time.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
The offense doesn't worry me. We need to go at least 8-4 regular season. Our schedule is too soft for any less.
I feel for PJ, but we have had a 3 year span wih a chance to take over the coastal. We have had some roster adversity, but the buck stops with him.
7-5 or less, I pull the plug and go after Morris. I'm of the opinion that Tech will have a hard time if they take the high road academically. If that is the case, keep PJ. If you can't get the big uglies, you're behind the 8 ball before the first snap.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
If he shows that he can get this team to finish strong I'd be satisfied. These past few years we've started strong and fizzled out as the season progressed. I'd love to see us go 4-1 to close out the regular season

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
As a long time Tech observer the pattern I have noticed over the years is that a lot of things have to come together in just the right way at just the right time for Tech to be a dominant team. CPJ's record compares favorably with any coach we have had since Dodd. The reason for that is that even when the planets do not line up just right to create a dominating team, he is at least able to put a team on the field that is competitive. I would not even discuss getting rid of CPJ until after 2016.

jason

Georgia Tech Fan
I would like to see what will happen with all the extra recruiting help we are getting good
Player on defense I really think in 2 years we could be very good