Weather for the ACCCG

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
There is a 100% chance that our team will be makin it rain at the nearest club after celebrating a victory.
giphy.gif

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I'm more worried about fumbling the mesh than errant pitches. Thomas is very deceptive on the mesh, it's one of his best weapons. A wet ball is much harder to pull when the Bback thinks it's a give.
Haven't we had good record of playing in the rain. It seems I have always been surprised how well we hang on to the ball when it rains.

midga fan

Georgia Tech Fan
Im still seeing 70% percent chance of rain. At least it wont be too cold it doesnt look like. An indoor facility would be nice.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
NOAA says 50% chance of rain in the evening. Let's hope they're being conservative. The field will be wet, however, whether rain is falling or not.

That means a slippery football and problems for both offenses. Oth, both DC are probably breathing a sigh of relief; they're part of the equation just got a little less complicated. I think a wet field helps us marginally more since it'll be harder to turn on the jets and harder to cut for the WRs. Our O can go all "me stronger - go straight ahead" on the Criminoles.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
At least we had that rain soaked spring game to prep us. Hope we're practicing with footballs covered in butter.
And that game at Bobby Dodd last year against UNC. I know different cast of characters at many positions but still a lot of people who handle the ball this year or play on the lines where you need to plant your feet and get leverage at least have had that experience of playing on a drenched field.

Another consideration is whether or not inclement weather is likelier to hurt a team already prone to turnovers (FSU) or one that has been pretty good at least at winning turnover margins.

I am scared of a number of aspects of this game more than the impact of bad weather on Tech.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Thinking about the O-line getting leverage on a wet field just made me laugh at the thought of using a "slip and slide" approach to the cut block.

Since FSU will already be so skeered of Shaq Mason and company diving forward low to trip them up maybe on a rain-soaked field our Oline can just shoot out sliding like penguins and flip the defenders like bowling pins.

Haven't a ton of Hollywood films about football had scenes of victory played out in fields of mud during a downpour? I think "The Last Boy Scout," "All the Right Moves," and "Wildcats" all have these scenes right? I am sure there are a bunch more . . . Ohhh! Just remembered another also with Kurt Russell (I think) but mainly starring Robin Williams: "The Best of Times."