We might know what kind of game we will have early

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
As soon as we see Georgia with the ball. How well will we handle their run game? From what I've seen --- which isn't much -- in almost every game their line has dominated. With a nice hole, their excellent backs have poured through at full speed and got many yards after contact. We have had a pretty good year against the run. If we can clog things up and get to their backs near the line, we might scratch out a win. Their pass game is pretty good, but nothing like the Richt/Bobo years. If they pour through and make six and eight yard per play, it will likely be a long day for us.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
They are going to hit some plays. They run to setup play action like we do. They like to throw to their TEs a lot. We just need to stack the box and try to create negative plays on first and second down.

Their line isn’t as good as most people think. They get numbers to the play side by doubling the DT and pulling a guard in most cases.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I think we will know on the third defensive series how uga will look. I fully expect uga to march on us the first series, as it's a scripted series, and we have a whole season full of tape for them to look at. If we hold them to a FG, then I think we win that series. It's the following series where we'll see the game won or lost. If we can't adjust and take away their run game, and force Fromm to beat us, then we'll lose handily. If we can stuff the run, and make plays in the secondary, then we have a shot.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The only team that stuffed the run against them is Auburn. We’ll know if we have a chance based on our TOP and whether or not we get touchdowns. We have to eat clock and we have to finish drives to have any chance in this one.

If we have three and outs, turnovers, or have to settle for field goal attempts in the first quarter it is going to get out of hand quickly.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
We need to bring pressure 70 percent of the time and make them beat us in the passing game. Take away the lanes in the rushing game and make them bounce it outside, if we contain well we will be fine if they try to bounce things outside. I would love to see us bring Gray down in the box a lot.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I feel like since 2007 UGA has ripped a big run on the opening drive, but they don't always score. If we give up 6 then lose yards and punt the next defensive drive might as well be for the game because we don't need to go down 14.

Jmonty71

Banned
As soon as we see Georgia with the ball. How well will we handle their run game? From what I've seen --- which isn't much -- in almost every game their line has dominated. With a nice hole, their excellent backs have poured through at full speed and got many yards after contact. We have had a pretty good year against the run. If we can clog things up and get to their backs near the line, we might scratch out a win. Their pass game is pretty good, but nothing like the Richt/Bobo years. If they pour through and make six and eight yard per play, it will likely be a long day for us.
I kind of agree. However; we tend to be sluggish with adjustments. We have had a few games that started fine, only to lose focus in the waning minutes. We had leads in 5 games, only to lose 4 of them. We can blame ST, D, O or a combination of everything. But, fact is....we could easily have 3 to 4 more wins. I think how quick we adjust will determine a lot.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I kind of agree. However; we tend to be sluggish with adjustments. We have had a few games that started fine, only to lose focus in the waning minutes. We had leads in 5 games, only to lose 4 of them. We can blame ST, D, O or a combination of everything. But, fact is....we could easily have 3 to 4 more wins. I think how quick we adjust will determine a lot.
It's crazy to think we could/should be 8-2 going into this game.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Augusta's probably right. Some times teams' first series looks good but after that the defense adjusts. It has happened to us before at the start of games and the start of the third quarter.

The Dogs are always up for us, and it doesn't hurt them that the stands seem always about 50-50 for this game when we're at home. I hate that and don't understand it. But maybe just once they will be full of themselves, looking for the SEC game and not focused on a 5-5 team which just lost badly to Duke. One can always hope.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I expect them to do what Clemp does...go hard early and try to score fast in order to get the other team out of it's comfort zone. If we can withstand the first wave we might have a chance to keep things close for the 2nd half. If not...well we have not played to well when we are forced to pass instead of run the ball.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Believe me, hate to thinkwhat might happen. ugag will try to score early and often to improve their playoff position. 52-10 sounds about right.

GTRhino24

GT Athlete
They scored quick on Auburn too. I always feel that the Dwags identity is Bama lite. They intimidate early and try to break you. If you can withstand the onslaught, frustration sets in and they start breaking down. Hope ours boys can come out focused and stay that way. They are going to be chippy. Don’t get sucked in.