VT Replay

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Thanks Will was Pissed. He was having the game of his life, just a little to hyped. The VT players as they shifted were yelling hike. Kinda a Bull**** deal. The nice thing is that this is a great group. Easy to support. Im so thankful that I have gotten to know these men. lets win 9!
Seems like an easy remedy is telling the refs.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I believe that we have some really good young talent. That being said , I can't even describe how much of a leader Freddie is. He is such a great young man. Freddie deserves every good thing that comes his way. This whole group is united. Will is excited for Shamire when he is playing, the older tackles help the younger guys. Its a team sport. They went thru a 3 win season last year. They are going bowling and the goal is 9 wins.
This would be a great way to finish the season and a good start going into next year. This OL group is going to be very good the next 2 years.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
On the radio broadcast, Sean Bedford was talking about the noise up there. He said that he had to tell Tevin that either he'd have to shout the snap count louder or he'd have to listen to Sean call the count and take the snap when he got it.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
After reviewing the first half - I agree with you on #71 - had some nice blocks but some stumbles as well. Not a bad half though.

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
MJ only look hurried to me on the snaps and timing of the plays. I love the yelling of the play change to all the players. Also note how good MJ was at clock management. There were no delay of game issues.

I thought MJ did a good job of breaking the huddle a little sooner than JT. Seemed like we had a few more seconds on the game clock after the line was in their stance vs. what I was used to.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Watching it on GTBob's channel using roku YouTube app. I didn't follow link here but navigated to it through YouTube app.

I'm at 3 mins remaining in game...maybe something happened after I started watching around 6:30???

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
VT was not physical. Will pancaked 60 more than once in his limited snaps. He told me he was one of the easiest guys he has faced. Will just had the bad luck of hearing VT players yelling hike when he could not hear the QB... Lesson learned.
Well, #60 had 10 tackles including 3 for a loss. I'm not sure when a DL of ours did that last. I thought he played a really good game and gave us fits. Now, our guys blocked really well and I am glad to know WB got some shots on #60 for himself. We are young up front, but the confidence is palpable, as is the potential. Can you imagine this group a couple years from now?

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
I got a copywrite flag for a stupid Nee-Yo song playing in the stadium background during the Matthew Jordan fumble review. I've got YouTube muting that part of the video now, but if that doesn't work, I'll delete that part and reupload tomorrow. If you started watching before the flag "was thrown", you should still have access for a little while.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
I got a copywrite flag for a stupid Nee-Yo song playing in the stadium background during the Matthew Jordan fumble review. I've got YouTube muting that part of the video now, but if that doesn't work, I'll delete that part and reupload tomorrow. If you started watching before the flag "was thrown", you should still have access for a little while.

Thank you!

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, #60 had 10 tackles including 3 for a loss. I'm not sure when a DL of ours did that last. I thought he played a really good game and gave us fits. Now, our guys blocked really well and I am glad to know WB got some shots on #60 for himself. We are young up front, but the confidence is palpable, as is the potential. Can you imagine this group a couple years from now?
I have not watched the entire game. 60 was quick. I don't believe VT is as good on D as they have been in the past.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have not watched the entire game. 60 was quick. I don't believe VT is as good on D as they have been in the past.
Agreed. Very quick. Over time, on average IMHO, the really quick players have given us the most trouble up front. With our splits and angles we force our OGs to take with other OLs releasing, it can get really tough against quick players. They shift at the last second and anticipate snap counts, while our guys can't move. The slightlest bit of indecision and.....

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
VT was not physical. Will pancaked 60 more than once in his limited snaps. He told me he was one of the easiest guys he has faced. Will just had the bad luck of hearing VT players yelling hike when he could not hear the QB... Lesson learned.
Which should have been flagged. Thanks for your input, by the way.

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan
#71 played solid. 43 snaps 4 quarters (stamina not an issue).his holes and body was used more for plenty of yards. his blocks was more effective than not. he got beat on his blocks under5 times. got ran over once completed majority of his assignments. 0 fouls very disciplined.(even though #60 tried that same unc bs on 3rd yard line to draw the foul). 3 missed blocks .couple multi blocks.#71 was on the ground alot but with contact .my concerns (there is only 2) devine trips or was tripped up i counted 9 times .a couple times on #55 a couple on #11 and #79. mainly 0n pulling plays .probably for lack of practice with the new line up. shamire is big. size 19 shoe. this needs to be addressed and practice so this simple fact does not blow up a good play.2nd concern is the start situation. the reason has been said "#71 can not scoop and is not playing to his full potential." coach sewalk to this i say bs. dont know what scooping but if he cant do it, its physically impossible for him .(there is plenty more he can do.) his full potential? sewalk please stop it now. he is not hendering his potential ,yall are. hope this game shows what you can get when you do something other than cpj football.the team played well as a team. the d brought their game(all of them) #34 and #11 used the holes like 2014 .#70 is a baller and played hard ,#79 has been playing more aggressive, i like it. where is #67 jake stickler y is he on the side line .i challenge gt coaches to play their talent .stop favoritism coaching,and play ball .i am starting feel like the coaches don't want to win.85% credit for this game goes to the players 10% to the equipment staff 4% to the fans that showed up and supported in a hostel environment 1% to the coaches.great game it felt good to be a JACKET Saturday. o yeah no this was not #71 best game this year imo Vandy was . good job any way i seen your body sacrificed more sat than any game this year, reminded me of fsu 2015 .for that i am sorry hang in there kid its almost over.
way to bring home a W team .i'm with the student athletes , they work hard for our entertainment.GO JACKETS
71vt.jpeg

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
#71 played solid. 43 snaps 4 quarters (stamina not an issue).his holes and body was used more for plenty of yards. his blocks was more effective than not. he got beat on his blocks under5 times. got ran over once completed majority of his assignments. 0 fouls very disciplined.(even though #60 tried that same unc bs on 3rd yard line to draw the foul). 3 missed blocks .couple multi blocks.#71 was on the ground alot but with contact .my concerns (there is only 2) devine trips or was tripped up i counted 9 times .a couple times on #55 a couple on #11 and #79. mainly 0n pulling plays .probably for lack of practice with the new line up. shamire is big. size 19 shoe. this needs to be addressed and practice so this simple fact does not blow up a good play.2nd concern is the start situation. the reason has been said "#71 can not scoop and is not playing to his full potential." coach sewalk to this i say bs. dont know what scooping but if he cant do it, its physically impossible for him .(there is plenty more he can do.) his full potential? sewalk please stop it now. he is not hendering his potential ,yall are. hope this game shows what you can get when you do something other than cpj football.the team played well as a team. the d brought their game(all of them) #34 and #11 used the holes like 2014 .#70 is a baller and played hard ,#79 has been playing more aggressive, i like it. where is #67 jake stickler y is he on the side line .i challenge gt coaches to play their talent .stop favoritism coaching,and play ball .i am starting feel like the coaches don't want to win.85% credit for this game goes to the players 10% to the equipment staff 4% to the fans that showed up and supported in a hostel environment 1% to the coaches.great game it felt good to be a JACKET Saturday. o yeah no this was not #71 best game this year imo Vandy was . good job any way i seen your body sacrificed more sat than any game this year, reminded me of fsu 2015 .for that i am sorry hang in there kid its almost over.
way to bring home a W team .i'm with the student athletes , they work hard for our entertainment.GO JACKETS View attachment 1996

I love #71 and am excited about our O-line as a whole right now, particularly its depth and flexibility. Given his size, I think 71 has some portions of the offense that he excels in and some that may not suit his skill set as well as others. In my uneducated opinion, he appears to be exceptionally good on up the middle power plays, but a little less effective in space and stretched out perimeter plays (e.g., scooping and pulling). That is not on him, as I am 100% convinced he is giving his all, but is just a reality of his skill set. I think both are clearly part of CPJ's offense, but #71's skill set happens to fit better with MJ's skill set as a QB than JT's skill set (power over speed). I think CPJ's play calling this year has largely been dictated by JT's skill set, which doesn't always align with #71's best skill set. No matter the starter next year (but particularly if it is MJ), I expect #71 to have a monster senior year in CPJ's offense!

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan
I love #71 and am excited about our O-line as a whole right now, particularly its depth and flexibility. Given his size, I think 71 has some portions of the offense that he excels in and some that may not suit his skill set as well as others. In my uneducated opinion, he appears to be exceptionally good on up the middle power plays, but a little less effective in space and stretched out perimeter plays (e.g., scooping and pulling). That is not on him, as I am 100% convinced he is giving his all, but is just a reality of his skill set. I think both are clearly part of CPJ's offense, but #71's skill set happens to fit better with MJ's skill set as a QB than JT's skill set (power over speed). I think CPJ's play calling this year has largely been dictated by JT's skill set, which doesn't always align with #71's best skill set. No matter the starter next year (but particularly if it is MJ), I expect #71 to have a monster senior year in CPJ's offense!
i like your wording.i will start to use some of it .( it's sound more acceptable than mines) but is saying the same thing. power over speed sums it up.