VT Postgame

orange14

Jolly Good Fellow
to hell with all of them! This was a sickening loss. Strangely like every loss to this bunch of mediocre white trash. I was perfectly willing to give CPJ a mulligan for tho season - but this unnecessary loss just ticks me off. I don't care what happens to his sorry arse right about now.
Maybe next wee I will be more charitable.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
The only silver lining in this is there's a boat load of young guys being thrown into the fire this year when they really should be watching on the sidelines in jerseys and sweatpants. This type of experience will go along way next year and the seasons after. "I hope". Unfortunately, our freshmen aren't your typical SEC plug and play type. They need a year to adjust there body's and get ready for this level of football. I would expect to see some staff changes and some player attrition like every year. Hopefully addition by subtraction like last season. These kids haven't quit and play there hearts out week after week. That says a lot about the type of kids in this program going forward. Crazy to think we could be 7-3 just as easy as we are 3-7.

Matt E

GT Athlete
I agree with defending him. Deal with it in house but don't publicly blast your guy.

Doesn't need to blast him, but a simple "that wasn't a smart play" would have been fine. Is he coddling these guys or does he have his size 12 boot up their tail?

4NatlChmps

Jolly Good Fellow
What? It looked terrible the last 3 quarters, and our only two scores offensively came off a busted coverage and a TO setting us up in great field position.
Agreed. Excellent point. We could have easily been blanked in this train wreck. Every aspect of our offense SUCKS.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Doesn't need to blast him, but a simple "that wasn't a smart play" would have been fine. Is he coddling these guys or does he have his size 12 boot up their tail?

Rewatch the play later and you will see that VT's douchebag was refusing to quit hovering over JT so that JT could get up. Of course the refs always nail the 2nd guy but I don't blame Joe for shoving the guy. It's on the refs when they blow the play dead and scratch their asses instead of refereeing to allow the ball carrier to get up.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I went and left early -that is how bad of football the offense played. With that said, the only thing I will criticize for CPJ is why did we keep #22 and #24 out there? If you can't hold onto the ball, then you need to come out. I don't remember giving a team the win more since when I went to school and we lost games to Auburn and Duke like we did tonight. Congrats to the D, I thought they played tough despite some pass rush problems. #12 Desmond Smith played the best game he has ever played and deserves some credit for doing so.

4NatlChmps

Jolly Good Fellow
I went and left early -that is how bad of football the offense played. With that said, the only thing I will criticize for CPJ is why did we keep #22 and #24 out there? If you can't hold onto the ball, then you need to come out. I don't remember giving a team the win more since when I went to school and we lost games to Auburn and Duke like we did tonight. Congrats to the D, I thought they played tough despite some pass rush problems. #12 Desmond Smith played the best game he has ever played and deserves some credit for doing so.
Good points all around. WTF with 22 and 24 playing and fumbling like that. We aren't this stupid.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
As soon as I saw Snoddy trot on the field I told my friend I hope to god they don't pitch to him. Sure as hell JT did and what happend was almost a given. If his first touch in 6 weeks is going to be anything run a f'ing rocket toss. Not something with a defender in his face when he hasn't seen contact in 2 months.

Matt E

GT Athlete
are we the only team in div 1 that cannot/ will not do the shotgun on 4th and 27?

Or put the offensive line in a 2 point stance. I love seeing the whites of the OLs knuckles as they put all that weight on their hand in a great looking 3 point stance on obvious passing downs....

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
2010 we honored the same national championship team and got embarrassed by Miami. 5 years later we embarrassed ourselves against VT with the 1990 team here. Gotta wonder what the former players must think...

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
As soon as I saw Snoddy trot on the field I told my friend I hope to god they don't pitch to him. Sure as hell JT did and what happend was almost a given. If his first touch in 6 weeks is going to be anything run a f'ing rocket toss. Not something with a defender in his face when he hasn't seen contact in 2 months.

I believe he had a cast on his hand, too. Poor decision to play him

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
One of the worst games I have ever seen Georgia Tech play. Thank God Erin Joe is a senior. The offensive line coaches need to be replaced and to think Virginia Tech tried really hard to give us this game. It is sad to see such an incompetent offense this late in the year.

He's applying for a medical RS. he could be here next year.