Virginia Tech Postgame

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Nothing really positive to say about this game. I will say that whoever runs out AV/whoever is our DJ both need to be fired. It's embarrassing how inconsistent the tempo/vibe they're going for. And the karaoke when the video delay is 4 seconds off the audio is nothing short of incompetent

I’m convinced we use a service. I’ve been to multiple stadiums this year to watch other programs and they sound exactly like Tech. Only the equipment is better.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I was all for the hype train preseason. This juice tastes sugar free.

I get some people on here remain relentlessly positive. That’s awesome. But some of y’all refuse to let the coaches get any criticism. Our head coach has made some bonehead calls and decisions. The OC too.

I’m willing to give him some time but good lord, this season is god awful.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I just got home from Atlanta, so I don't know if this has already mentioned this or not, but when a team gets a delay of clock penalty ON THE FIRST OFFENSIVE PLAY OF THE GAME, that, my friends is coaching. And it was all downhill from there.

No, no, no! That’s the new 404 Culture. Throw your opponents off by a delay of game on the opening play. Confusing, no?

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
It will be a blowout. I’m thinking 63-0.

UGA will be trying to make their case for inclusion in the final 4. I would be surprised to see their 2s and 3s on the field at any point. Look for onsides kicks often, since they won’t be worried about giving us short fields. Hanging 70 on us wouldn’t surprise me. Sad, sad days on The Flats.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Cooper, Lee, and Owens, valuable as they would have been have nothing to do with getting a delay of game on the first play of what should have been a scripted series. 6 times this year we have been held to 14 or fewer points. By game 10 the offense should be able to at least move the ball more than 134 total yards and not get shut out for the second time this year. The lack of visible improvement is glaring.

Your initial argument was that we have essentially the same players.

I disputed that based on the lines of scrimmage.

You mention 2 critical players and VT lost players too.

I mention 4 more LOS players and the fact we've got at least 2 walk-ons playing on the LOS.

You switch directions entirely.

I'm not giving the coaching or development a pass here, but there are significant, specific spots lacking talent. I'm saying you can't subscribe to having a similar roster as last year when it's not true.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Have you seen VT play any other games this year? We are the only team that has made them look like the Patriots. They’ve been very pedestrian this year and got stomped by Duke,
VT has certainly improved since the Duke game. They are probably the best team in the coastal now. That said, they shouldn’t have made us look like we looked today. That was mostly on us.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
In his post game presser, we get more praising of Temple along with no personal accountability about the historic embarrassment today.

We have a child as a head football coach.

It’s only an embarrassment if you think about losing the game, the fan base, or having an empty stadium.

If you think about the new culture, the progress you’re making loving each other, cool new tunes to dance to, a lucky hat ... it was great.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
UGA will be trying to make their case for inclusion in the final 4. I would be surprised to see their 2s and 3s on the field at any point. Look for onsides kicks often, since they won’t be worried about giving us short fields. Hanging 70 on us wouldn’t surprise me. Sad, sad days on The Flats.
Can they, Yes and more but they are not worried about us hell we may not get 75 yards of total offense. Look by half time it will be 45 - 0 and they will play their 2 and 3 teams they have to play LSU after us.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I believe he has taken a job that is too big for him, but maybe he can get through this and come out on the other side. I think a great HC would have seen that he needed to do some hybrid things more with the talent situation this year to provide for a chance for some competitiveness - he was not really set up for a passing game or slow hitting running game, but that is what he "told wealthy alums and recruits" he was going to do. Sometimes, you have to swallow your original plan and be willing to do something different during a "transition".

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I believe he has taken a job that is too big for him, but maybe he can get through this and come out on the other side. I think a great HC would have seen that he needed to do some hybrid things more with the talent situation - not really set up for a passing game or slow hitting running game.

If he’s smart, he’s talking with O Leary or Saban, or other mentors and asking for help. If he’s not ... he’s in trouble.