Vegas Over/Under Win Totals for 2016

stech81

Helluva Engineer

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I see some lopsided victories and defeats in the upcoming season. Hold on its going to be wild.

I hope we catch fire after Miami.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Based on the last 112 years of GT football, I figured 7 wins, but that included the bowl game. So 6.5 is very reasonable to me.

He likes focusing on the OL for predicting the next season. If we have continuity of the OL performance this year, I'd easily take the under. More like 5.

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
In the 70's I would go to our little barber shop that sold these "p" cards to bet on pro and college games- pay a dollar and win three- pay 10 and win 30- on and on. I used to win pretty good-- Two teams I never bet ON- Falcons and Tech. You never knew who would show up at any game!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Nobody has any clue. Anybody pretending to know is just that, pretending.
That says a lot in second year of a new contract.
I bet the group that agreed to it is still positive.
I will pretend with them and say 3and 2 after miami. Then we go 6-1 for a 9-3
season. Cant be negative all summer.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
8-4 is what I'm going with but the Clemson, Miami & @ Pitt 3 week stretch will make or break our season. 2-1 or somehow 3-0 during that period and we should be in great shape. If we go 1-2 or worse we are looking at 6-6/7-5 or possibly another losing season.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
8-4 is what I'm going with but the Clemson, Miami & @ Pitt 3 week stretch will make or break our season. 2-1 or somehow 3-0 during that period and we should be in great shape. If we go 1-2 or worse we are looking at 6-6/7-5 or possibly another losing season.
Pretty confident that we'll have a good shot at beating Miami and the Return of the Richt, but the Pitt game could be surprisingly tough. Looking like they could have a good team if they can find a half decent replacement for Boyd. But the Thursday night magic at Bobby Dodd inherently gives us a shot at Clemson.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Pretty confident that we'll have a good shot at beating Miami and the Return of the Richt, but the Pitt game could be surprisingly tough. Looking like they could have a good team if they can find a half decent replacement for Boyd. But the Thursday night magic at Bobby Dodd inherently gives us a shot at Clemson.
Pitt is the game I have always counted as a loss. If there RB is back to 2014 form they will be tough to beat. Narduzi is a great coach. I think he's going to have that program playing at a high level in a few years. My losses are to Pitt, Unc, VT and Uga. Until we can prove we can beat them consistently it's an L to me.

GTsuperfan

Jolly Good Fellow
We have pummeled UNC and Pitt in recent years...not sure where "beat them consistently" comes from. A miraculous comeback by UNC and A one man wrecking crew in Tyler Boyd cost us last year. Higher likelihood of wins for this two. Miami should be on your list based on your criteria as they have won like 5 of last 6 I think.

Tdippp

Ramblin' Wreck
Pitt is the game I have always counted as a loss. If there RB is back to 2014 form they will be tough to beat. Narduzi is a great coach. I think he's going to have that program playing at a high level in a few years. My losses are to Pitt, Unc, VT and Uga. Until we can prove we can beat them consistently it's an L to me.
I don't think James Conner will be back this season, as he's just finished his chemo treatments.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think we have a good shot at beating both Pitt (we came close last year) and Miami (new coach and a lot of new players). I also think we can beat VT; we almost did it last year and they are in a coaching switch. Also, I don't get the sudden infatuation that people have with UNC; they beat us last year for one reason - Marquis Williams - and he's gone.

The two I think we are odds on to lose are Clempson and the Dwags, but they also have difficulties. The Tiggers are playing us here and that often gives them - shall we say? - problems. It'll depend on how well the D plays, I think. UGA is also a question mark; who knows how they'll adjust to Smart? I seem to recall a coach at UF who looked like a sure winner …

But … all this is moonshine, as Cheese says. If the cards fall right, we could have a pretty good year depending on the O alone. If the D shows up - for once - we could do a lot better then that. We'll know soon enough.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
James Conner is coming back this season. I'm a student at Pitt and I've got friends on the team who know James pretty well. Team doctors have cleared him to play from the guys I've heard from.
I'm glad Connor's coming back, but I doubt we'll see the same player. An insult to your health of that magnitude isn't something you bounce back from in a year. But … he could be the weird exception to the rule.

GTFLETCH

Banned
We can go 8-4 and win the bowl to make 9...or we can go 10-2.... Or sadly we can go 3-9....

We have talent, but kids have to stay healthy and buy into the system...JT is bought in...but the question is will the lineman buy in??