Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Wouldn’t he have to sit a year now since Kstate was his one freebie?
Don't know for sure, but it looks that way.
It would be quite a loophole if you could transfer, go through spring practice, and then transfer again if things don't work out.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
When is the next round of transfer portal signings going to happen? Once most teams complete spring practice?
UGA and Ohio state played today .
After next weekend looks like most will be done .

Bucknell and Dartmoth are at the very end.

What kind of players are likely to leave the top schools like Uga osu who have high hopes for play offs?
guess we can't be too picky .

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Five / Four stars that won't make two deep after spring practice...
hunter rayburn - 4 star went to clemson - on hope to get a chance at center and to stand on sideline during national championship game. Was made to play guard first year. then got to be third string backup center, then back up last spring. then starter injured and he is now starter .

four star that does 1. not highly value riding first class, 2. thinks he can show his skill if given better chance, 3 doesn't get offer at stable coaching and better team situation, 4 will think gt that place.

finding that kid is tough.

JacketFan137

Banned
hunter rayburn - 4 star went to clemson - on hope to get a chance at center and to stand on sideline during national championship game. Was made to play guard first year. then got to be third string backup center, then back up last spring. then starter injured and he is now starter .

four star that does 1. not highly value riding first class, 2. thinks he can show his skill if given better chance, 3 doesn't get offer at stable coaching and better team situation, 4 will think gt that place.

finding that kid is tough.
as NIL gets more out of hand i bet these kids will be fewer and farther between. the writing is on the wall at this point that you can make life changing money as a starter somewhere if you can make a name for yourself. maybe o line will be tougher but i expect any star positions like RB/WR/QB are gonna dart the second they get a chance

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
You must be mistaking Jahmyr for another Gibbs at Bama. Some of our own bitter GT fans have already said he wouldn't be more than a backup there, and he would be lost the shuffle of 5 star recruits there (<-- sarcasm...except for the bitter GT fans part)

I guess Collins “coached him up”…

JacketFan137

Banned
You must be mistaking Jahmyr for another Gibbs at Bama. Some of our own bitter GT fans have already said he wouldn't be more than a backup there, and he would be lost the shuffle of 5 star recruits there (<-- sarcasm...except for the bitter GT fans part)

gibbs was the best player on the field in every game of his college career. anyone who said anything about small fish in a big pond or having to compete for carries was being a hater

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer

Tab me as bitter about him. The way everything has played out and him leaving felt awful. I knew he was that good and that’s why I hated he left. No surprise he is shining at Alabama. Wish him well but I prefer not to keep seeing his name pop up lol

He is dead to me now.

Deleted member 4558

In defense of Jahmyr Gibbs. I watched every Georgia Tech game on TV, live in Florida. How many times did we see many defensive players in Tech's backfield just as he got the ball? A player deserves an opportunity to show his abilities. Was not going to happen for him at Georgia Tech.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
In defense of Jahmyr Gibbs. I watched every Georgia Tech game on TV, live in Florida. How many times did we see many defensive players in Tech's backfield just as he got the ball? A player deserves an opportunity to show his abilities. Was not going to happen for him at Georgia Tech.
As a Dalton High and GT alumnus, I loved having Gibbs at GT and it hurt pretty deeply when he transfered. That said, he has to do what is best for himself and Alabama has a history of sending dudes to the NFL. Not only that, but the NIL money he is likely to receive is going to be insane. At tech, he would be carrying the team (exactly what he had to do at Dalton) without the prospect of a lot of success. At bama, he may win a Heisman, make a ton of money, share carries with other backs to limit wear on his body, and springboard himself to the NFL.

Truth be told, Choice is the reason we got Gibbs. Gibbs was clearly frustrated with the team's performance and, if he had an idea that Choice was looking elsewhere, that may have solidified his choice to leave.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Tab me as bitter about him. The way everything has played out and him leaving felt awful. I knew he was that good and that’s why I hated he left. No surprise he is shining at Alabama. Wish him well but I prefer not to keep seeing his name pop up lol

He is dead to me now.

Yikes, man.

These are still kids looking to secure their futures. It's ok to be upset the team is weakened by their leaving, but also be happy for them as individuals.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Yikes, man.

These are still kids looking to secure their futures. It's ok to be upset the team is weakened by their leaving, but also be happy for them as individuals.
I said I wished him well. Maybe it was a little harsh but you catch my drift lol

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I said I wished him well. Maybe it was a little harsh but you catch my drift lol

It's ok, bro. Now, hold still for a sec.

list GIF

:cautious: