Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I’m feeling more and more like an elite athlete.

But are you ... above the line?

Ill Just Leave Tony Hale GIF

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
Yes. According to PFF, Akelo Stone was Ole Miss’s top DL and the 3rd ranked player on their defense. Walton was the 4th ranked player on their defense, and Jared Ivey was the 2nd graded player on their DL and 7th overall on defense. I’d say that their decision helped all of them, especially considering they’re playing for a top 15 team.
Disagree. Pls look at stats and if they would have put up more playing at Tech. I would say yes.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Question, if a guy tries to transfer out, doesn’t get any good offers, and wants to come back, how do we feel about that?

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Kenan had the highest PFF grade on our defense this year, so this is a loss. Harvey played well this year though, and we also have Omar Daniels (from K State).
Yeah I saw that he had a high grade, but I will say after watching the whole season, it felt like he was always the guy teams targeted for mismatches. Idk what metrics go into PFF grading but I wouldn’t have pegged him as our best Defensive player

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I saw that he had a high grade, but I will say after watching the whole season, it felt like he was always the guy teams targeted for mismatches. Idk what metrics go into PFF grading but I wouldn’t have pegged him as our best Defensive player
Thats because Miles Sims was on the other-side, Kenan made a big redemption interception at the end to beat WF after getting hosed on a Pi call earlier, that was just a great moment in the season, I wish him the best.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I have no gripes about Kenan deciding to transfer. He has been at GT for 4 years and earned his degree. More power to him! I hope the school he chooses next has the perfect graduate degree (on top of his GT degree) that he wants to set himself up for the future . We have plenty of experienced talent returning in the secondary plus a good bunch of recruits coming in.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Our top 5 graded players on defense were all DBs, and only CPL and Harvey are returning from the 5. I do think Brooks played hurt for a lot of this season, though.