Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I mean. Some guys aren’t academically inclined, they wanna play sports. Not every person is gonna be like our king snapper who is a 1st year PhD student.

It’s universities making a way for their players to qualify to play even if they aren’t the most studious person.

Hell, tech has their LMC and HTS degrees that people don’t see the value in that many of our players (along with a BA major) major in.
Just out of curiosity have you looked at the types of careers that LMC grads go into? Or were you pointing out that people devalue those programs because they are uninformed?

For those who don’t know what that program is you should take five minutes to google it and read up. It’s pretty cool.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
MJ Morris, NC State QB, in the portal. We obviously won’t be interested, but thought it was relevant considering our involvement in his high school recruitment. He’s had a pretty roller coaster career there (even without seeing the field much), especially this season.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Just out of curiosity have you looked at the types of careers that LMC grads go into? Or were you pointing out that people devalue those programs because they are uninformed?

For those who don’t know what that program is you should take five minutes to google it and read up. It’s pretty cool.
I was just generally saying people devalue those programs. I have nothing against people getting an education in a field they’re interested in, I just know people see LMC and discount it bc they expect more from “Tech” people

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Sad about Abdul. I think he was underutilized. His film was crazy, he could make a play out of any bad pass.
The most confusing thing to me about his playing time was it seemed like we only put him in when we were in the red zone. When it’s most crucial.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
In an attempt to connect dots here: we don’t have a lot of WRs graduating, that means if backups are transferring then the top guys should be back. So this should mean singleton isn’t going anywhere. I know he had ups and downs (curse of a freshman), but it’s nice to be able to hold on to our talent

But does anybody else feel like they are taking crazy pills trying to understand players “encrypted messages”.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
In an attempt to connect dots here: we don’t have a lot of WRs graduating, that means if backups are transferring then the top guys should be back. So this should mean singleton isn’t going anywhere. I know he had ups and downs (curse of a freshman), but it’s nice to be able to hold on to our talent

But does anybody else feel like they are taking crazy pills trying to understand players “encrypted messages”.
I mean, I think trying to read into any of these posts without an official announcement is asking to go crazy. People post cryptic stuff all the time

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I mean, I think trying to read into any of these posts without an official announcement is asking to go crazy. People post cryptic stuff all the time
Well, I just want to reassure all of you that we can trust the process and the process can be trusted. Sometimes we choose our path and sometimes the path is chosen for us. Embrace the journey; we will understand it when it reveals itself to be understood. I, for one, am here today and that’s enough, until tomorrow. Tomorrow is a gift. Never forget that. Trust it. Understanding is key. It will all make sense when you understand.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The number of starting QB's already in the portal is impressive. I guess everyone is hoping to get paid.
Leonard - Duke
Morris - NC ST
Van Dyke - Miami
Rogers - Miss St
Jefferson - Ark
Uiagelelei - OR St
McCall - Coastal Carolina
Johnson - Tx A&M (UNC)
Warner - Temple
Sorsby - Ind
Howard -Ks St

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If he's graduating it may not be his choice. Remember one of the things that hurts us in retention is our grad schools give no favors to athletes so sometimes they just can't get in and have to look elsewhere.

Also, and just pure speculation in general not saying it's the case with Tatum, SAs may have gone to coaches asking for NIL $$$ or a bigger figure than a school wants to give. Some may get it, others coaches may just say "No" and SAs think they can get something better in the Portal.

So many moving parts to transfers in this era.

slugboy

Staff member
The number of starting QB's already in the portal is impressive. I guess everyone is hoping to get paid.
Leonard - Duke
Morris - NC ST
Van Dyke - Miami
Rogers - Miss St
Jefferson - Ark
Uiagelelei - OR St
McCall - Coastal Carolina
Johnson - Tx A&M (UNC)
Warner - Temple
Sorsby - Ind
Howard -Ks St
Leonard doesn’t have a head coach, which would be an excuse. But, his old coach is at TA&M—who has cash—and Notre Dame is calling.
DJU also lost his head coach (Oregon State promoted a coordinator). He’s probably being courted.
Van Dyke seems to have been pushed out at Miami—he’s lost the fans and the starting job.

I wonder how many have an offer?

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
How is DJ supposed to play next year after already transferring? Or was there a rule change where if the head coach goes, you get a free pass no matter what?