Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

GT33

Helluva Engineer
First remember one thing we played Ole Miss so any player that were good in that game, will get a call from (that as*hole) Kiffin.ome here
Other teams poached our players because of the clown show. I think we've slammed the book **** on that sorry chapter in our Institute's history.

Not sure how NIL works. Can ole piss call King and say "hey King come here and we'll pay you $250k" or does the player have to reach out to the school? Does ole piss put an ad on Indeed that says "now hiring DL, pay starting at $400k with a free Yukon, unlimited miles"?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Other teams poached our players because of the clown show. I think we've slammed the book **** on that sorry chapter in our Institute's history.

Not sure how NIL works. Can ole piss call King and say "hey King come here and we'll pay you $250k" or does the player have to reach out to the school? Does ole piss put an ad on Indeed that says "now hiring DL, pay starting at $400k with a free Yukon, unlimited miles"?
Can't keep former players that transferred from contacting them. It's the wild west out there now with NIL and no real enforcement.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

legally no, they cannot contact a player until they enter the portal, but they are all finding other methods of communicating their "interest" to non-portal guys, like through former teammates or high school coaches, and the NCAA has yet to really try and stop it.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
It’s easy to focus on what we need. I really hope we focus just as hard on keeping what we have between staff and players. I’m certainly optimistic about our trajectory but much of that’s hinged off continuing to improve what we have.
Agreed. It doesn’t really matter who we bring in from the portal if we have to keep having to replace our biggest pieces every year. If given the option I would rather bring in nobody from the portal if it guaranteed we kept Powell-Lee, Efford, Kennard, Biggers, Douse, etc. Replacing key contributions from seniors is hard enough every year. If we’re always having to replace our top 6-7 guys because of graduation and the portal we’re never going to get any better.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Wonder if Chris Hardie at Jax State will enter the portal? He is a beast! Not sure about academics but would love to have him.
Bruh, I have to give you a shout out here. Anybody who knows a player at Jax State (Fl? MS? Al? ) that could come in and give us some help is a level of college FB fan that the rest of us can only aspire to. Unless, of course, you are his mom or dad....then all bets are off of course! ;)

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. It doesn’t really matter who we bring in from the portal if we have to keep having to replace our biggest pieces every year. If given the option I would rather bring in nobody from the portal if it guaranteed we kept Powell-Lee, Efford, Kennard, Biggers, Douse, etc. Replacing key contributions from seniors is hard enough every year. If we’re always having to replace our top 6-7 guys because of graduation and the portal we’re never going to get any better.
If we can keep all those guys, I would agree. Next year they'll all be better. They've gotten better as this year has progressed.
I guess the coaches have to know their players. If they're going to bail, it's best they bail early.
Reality is, though, some are going to jump and we've got no choice but to replace them.

Jacket4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
Bruh, I have to give you a shout out here. Anybody who knows a player at Jax State (Fl? MS? Al? ) that could come in and give us some help is a level of college FB fan that the rest of us can only aspire to. Unless, of course, you are his mom or dad....then all bets are off of course! ;)
HAHA actually I played baseball there for 3 years so kind of keep tabs on them. Jacksonville State in Alabama.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
From a football perspective it doesn't make a lot of sense for him to transfer.

Next season he has a great shot at being in the rotation at RB with Donate graduating.
He had a great shot at being in the rotation this year and couldn't make it in. He was behind Jamal Haynes (who started the season as a wide out), Donate (who will be gone), Trey Cooley, and Evan Dickens. Donate leaving won't help his case for getting PT here much. And adding a bruising running back in the portal is a real possibility. Add in the two RB commits from the current recruiting class, which he'll be ahead of but still have to compete with. You can tell he sees the writing on the wall.

Last edited: