Trad Beatty

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Might see him vs UGA when we are losing by 50+. Staff will try to do something nice by letting him finish out the 4th quarter since this is most likely his last year and has known this staff for many years.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Make your 1st start against the UGA defense is not my idea of being nice to him.

I really don't watch teams outside of GT but, honestly, have they played anyone noteworthy this year? Looks like they are feasting on a bunch of teams that are around .500. Especially since Clemson isn't Clemson this year. Of course, this doesn't mean they aren't really good but..... Has anyone here seen them enough to comment on this? The thing most repeated is how good their D appears to be.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Nothing against him, he's probably a good guy and has good size for a QB, but I'm tired of the Temple influence on Georgia Tech football.

Not a big thing. We needed a warm body in the QB room because Peery wasn't going to be ready due to not having a senior season in high school. Beatty is probably just getting experience for a future Grad Assistant position. I don't think we ever planned on playing him.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Not a big thing. We needed a warm body in the QB room because Peery wasn't going to be ready due to not having a senior season in high school. Beatty is probably just getting experience for a future Grad Assistant position. I don't think we ever planned on playing him.

Trad may actually be for the scout team too.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I really don't watch teams outside of GT but, honestly, have they played anyone noteworthy this year? Looks like they are feasting on a bunch of teams that are around .500. Especially since Clemson isn't Clemson this year. Of course, this doesn't mean they aren't really good but..... Has anyone here seen them enough to comment on this? The thing most repeated is how good their D appears to be.
No the SEC East is trash and their 2 cross overs this year are Auburn and Arkansas neither of which are that good. The first good team they will face is Alabama in the championship (assuming they win out) but even Alabama is having a down year for them.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
It seems to me that Clemson has played them closer than anyone so-far this season

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
I've seen it a few times on this board that "Peery is red-shirting." But that doesn't mean he couldn't have come in to the BC game where it appears we were limited to only one QB. Or why we won't see him get some field time in the last two. He could have started all three, played every snap on O and still red-shirted, right?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I've seen it a few times on this board that "Peery is red-shirting." But that doesn't mean he couldn't have come in to the BC game where it appears we were limited to only one QB. Or why we won't see him get some field time in the last two. He could have started all three, played every snap on O and still red-shirted, right?

Nah you don't risk an injury in a lost season.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Nah you don't risk an injury in a lost season.

So Trad should be starting since this is his last year playing football and there's no risk. I mean if that's the concern and the season is really "lost" then why not? Don't want Sims or Yates to get hurt either since we'll hope for at least one of them to contribute next year.

My point was that "he's redshirting" really isn't an explanation for why he doesn't see the field at this point. Risk of injury? Maybe. Not ready? Ok. But he's redshirting? Doesn't explain it.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
So Trad should be starting since this is his last year playing football and there's no risk. I mean if that's the concern and the season is really "lost" then why not? Don't want Sims or Yates to get hurt either since we'll hope for at least one of them to contribute next year.

My point was that "he's redshirting" really isn't an explanation for why he doesn't see the field at this point. Risk of injury? Maybe. Not ready? Ok. But he's redshirting? Doesn't explain it.
He isn’t playing because he’s 4th string. He’s a true freshman QB who had no senior HS year and is extremely behind other true freshman QB’s around the nation. Also, don’t be shocked if he transfers. It’s possible.