Time to Punch 'em in the Face...

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
I want to hear that the team is not patting themselves on the back because UNC won on Thursday. I want to hear the offense is disappointed in its performance against Clemson and is working to get back to being a good blocking unit. I hope they understand that a loss to UGA and a win against FSU will only mean that the Georgia fans will declare themselves ACC champions. Want to beat Georgia? Execute the fundamentals, stay as focused as you were coming off the loss in Chapel Hill and play smart football. UNC winning a Thursday night game shouldn't change a thing.

DoddofHeisMAN

Georgia Tech Fan
I think the Tech players for sure realize how important the uga game is. There really is a lot riding on this game as well, other than it just being a rivalry, and the fact that we are due for a win against the dogs. I think the players are definitely just focused on this Saturday, hopefully they have been putting in work with the extra week of preparation.

Damn straight, Coach... This is the year to walk straight up to them, between the hedges, and lay down the law...

You were right in 2009 - you weren't going anywhere, and neither are we... Time to show these overrated thugs what it feels like to get punched in the face...
We are not that kind of team. We don't physically dominate. We scheme, we finesse, we're fast. This is not a test of machismo. We just need to win.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Agreed for the most part about domination v scheme.. that said we need our Line play on both sides of the ball to bring the hammer.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
if we can match them score for score, eat clock and demonstrate that they can't stop us, then imo Bobo will panic and get away from their run game. maybe hutson will gift us a couple of picks, the crowd will turn on them......it's going to be beautiful baby

DoddofHeisMAN

Georgia Tech Fan
I feel like Coach Roof. Will do a lot of blitzing with Nealy or Davis and maybe even some corner blitzes to try and help contain and shut down Chubb to help the D-Line up front, we really need to win the battle in the trenches against a a good ugag o-line to force some passes from Hutson so we can give our secondary. If this happens I would love to see our secondary be able to read and get a few takeaways/TDs like the have had great success w/ in the last couple games

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
This is where the Tenuta-style blitz needs to come in. Our DL is not going to create penetration and disruption on their own, we need to keep guys coming from all angles so they never know where it's coming. Attack, attack, then attack some more, hopefully create a couple turnovers and drive a stake through their hearts at midfield. Go Jackets, piss on them Dwags

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I really think that if we use some 3-4 concepts with Gamble, Green, and Gotsis, we could be really disruptive. If they don't know whether Marcordes or Freeman, or both, is rushing we should be able to get some pressure on them. I can see us having a really long day or a really great day against them. We'll see.

I will be very, very surprised if they shut-down our O.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
our D-line can't beat them man to man for four quarters, so yeah we need to send some crazy blitzs and do some stuff that they haven't seen before

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I think we need more LBs than DL on the field. Having quicker and smaller defenders on the field will allow us to work through the trash and get hats on their RBs sooner. I dont like the idea of our DL chasing Chubb all over the field after finally getting off their blocks. Weve got to try and negate their obvious strengths. That O-line is scary good this year and one tackler wont be enough to bring the Chubb back down to flaccid. I hope the extra week of prep works wonders on slowing down the run game.