"Those guys are my brothers."

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
So I went to the Hawks game last night and I just so happen to meet Zach Laskey. I don't really know what I was thinking but when I saw him, I yelled out his name. He was with a couple of other football players but Zach was nice enough to come over to my seat and talk to me for a minute. I told him that I was at the game saturday and I congratulated him and the team for beating clemson. I also told him I thought it was really cool to see the whole team huddle up around Snoddy when he went down. Thats when he said, "Those guys are my brothers." Zach seems like a really cool guy. I appreciate his dedication and hard work over his career at GT.
I really love this team and I wish the best for these guys on and off the field.

One more thing, Zach is really excited to play uga. It looked like he was ready to go take it to em right then and there.
GO JACKETS!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think this is the tightest knit group of players we've had in a looooooooooooong time. As long as I can remember.

1998 was like this. Its the exact same feel for me between this year and that. We have had good teams since then but that year was the last one i recall being like this.

Oh. And we beat the crap out of uga in athens to end a streak.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
And start one.

in 1998 we used to hang out every night, with moms, dads, family...that team was so close. I was working out with some on the team trying to walkon...didn't work out for me....we would even go to bowl games with families etc. It was a tight group. GOL son was on that team too. There was alot of "care" on that team.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
in 1998 we used to hang out every night, with moms, dads, family...that team was so close. I was working out with some on the team trying to walkon...didn't work out for me....we would even go to bowl games with families etc. It was a tight group. GOL son was on that team too. There was alot of "care" on that team.

This team gives off a similar vibe. Hope it continues.

You and I prolly crossed paths back in those days, btw. :cigar:

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
It's just nice that these kids blocked out the nay sayers (including people in their own fan base) and put faith in themselves and teammates. Truely shows that determination, hardwork, and teamwork really does pay off

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
Marty O' Leary? Safety correct?

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
Everyone on the team I've talked to is expecting a win. Wants me to be there to rush the field after. Ima do my part, let's hope they do theirs. I garentee you they will be up for this game

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
It was a couple of years ago when PJ alluded to chemistry problems with the team (and I don't mean as in Royer the Destroyer's class, either). He didn't get into what those were or how he tried to correct them.

Maybe the experience of that year - a good start that unraveled, and whether the lack of cohesion led to or resulted from it, IDK - has him talking more and more about how much this group gets along. I think he likes the team, likes their character, likes their dedication, likes their approach to everything on and off the field.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought our "Lethal Weapon 3" basketball team was close knit, but this Tech football team is the tightest knit of any sports team I can ever recall...and that goes all the way back to the 1950s.