Thanks to GTSWARM

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I know we all do it a lot but I'd like to devote a thread to thank Eric, Longestday, Boomer, and all the other people that contribute to this site. I'm not smart enough to quantify it but this site, IMO, has helped contribute to GT's recent success both with recruiting and public perception. Both of these things are huge in the success of a program. With potential recruits, current and former players, and staff members that follow gtswarm they get a chance to really get a pulse of an awesome fanbase. One that, while it can get a little down on the product at times, never fails to keep the one thing that all sports fans need, HOPE. The future of Georgia Tech is definitely a bright one and thanks to gtswarm, Eric especially, it will surely continue to grow!

THWG!!!!

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Yea love the site, only thing I could tell about recruits is what I seen off of espn, rivals, etc. And they are usually way off, Eric is spot on and greatly appreciate this site. Its kinda pathetic sometimes how much I check up on it lol.

Great work guys!

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
I also want to thank Eric and staff for all they do. In addition I want to take the opportunity in dropping the below post (no name on purpose) from one year ago to date. Posted Oct. 5, 2013. This was actually one of the less tar and feather the coach postings. Sorry guys, just another one of my efforts for all of us to stay on
The bus and not jump off should we hit a speed bump!

"I have always been a major CPJ fan. I think he's got one of the best minds in the game. I just think he's too damn stubborn for his own good. He has to learn to adapt to the changing game and changing personnel. I won't pitch a fit for him to be fired, but I think he's handicapping our team. That being said, I don't know anyone else who could do any better here at Tech. We don't exactly have a high ceiling of potential here."

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I really don't like this site, I barely post here at all.....

Lol cheese I just realized you are already at 3k post on this site. I've lurked ST for many years and was a member on Jim's site for a while. I know on ST your post count is wayyyy up there. I will sadly never reach your level.

After exchanging a few emails with LongestDay over the past couple of years, I finally have had the pleasure and honor of meeting him this Fall. Not trying to embarrass you, LD, but you are one cool dude. Happy to call you a friend :)

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I love this site and have learned more this year about our offense (and defense) from reading film study posts than I ever knew before. It has raised my enjoyment level as I found myself watching the Miami defense line up all night, counting heads in the box, and realizing before watching the replay that it looked like they never changed their D to stop what we were doing. I am so proud that I have lean red something, and so appreciative of the guys who make this site great! Thanks, Boomer, Longestday, Eric, etc!!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Thanks a ton for the compliments, really do appreciate them...But you're giving me far too much credit my friend. All of you fellas mean just as much to the site as I do...we have a ton of good posters here which is what IMO makes this site so special.

One of my main goals in making this site was generating positive press...definitely for recruiting. It always seemed all that I would ever see is negative things. I think we all have done a great job kinda turning it the other way.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I really love this site and it's so refreshing to get realistic, hopeful looks on the state of GT athletics. I'll go and check out other sites or just speak to people in person and all I see and hear is negativity about our program, especially football. I overheard a guy earlier this semester talk about how horrible our team was to some new grad student. The guy didn't think we'd get 5 wins and kept spewing ignorant opinions about our players and coaches. I had to butt in and explain to him why we were poised for a big season and why everything wasn't as bad as he was making it out to be. Every point I brought up was from things I've learned on this site. We have such civil, fact-based discussions here that it's starting to rebrand the "Woe is me" attitude that has perpetuated GT athletics (and the university itself) for so long. I really hope this site continues to expand and becomes the main place for discussion and analysis for the team. Positivity breeds positivity.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Love the lack of com mentors who make unfunny comedic remarks and laugh at them.
Reasoning and commenters has made major impact on my attitude and opinions about gt football.
Thanks.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
I am a paid member at one of the major recruiting sites, and let me say that the coverage leading up to the Miami game, as well as the follow up content about recruiting was SIGNIFICANTLY better here than there.

Thanks to Eric and all others for all the hard work you invest in making this a "go-to" site for GT information. I'm here every day and have reached a point where I go here before I go to the site I pay to get info from. I'll likely be dropping my membership to the other site once what I've paid for expires.

GTSwarm is awesome!!!