Tech vs UGA - 12pm Kick on SEC Network

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Before Grumpy's it was Spiro's IIRC. I was lucky my roommate had a 13 B&W ......remember watch the UGA game on it in '78
Spiro's and MJ Pippin's next door? If I don't stop reading this thread now I'm gonna have that dang nightmare again about walking into a final unprepared.

Animal02

Banned
Spiro's and MJ Pippin's next door? If I don't stop reading this thread now I'm gonna have that dang nightmare again about walking into a final unprepared.

I remember one time several of us were at Grumpy's for "Happy Afternoon" (it was more than an hour).......then got a couple of more to go and wandered down to Juniors.......Tommy was not amused.

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
After a day to digest the bad news, @GTpdm and I both had the thought that we'd rather endure going to the Cesspool to watch the game in person than watch it on the SEC Network. Never thought I'd say that. So if our uga friend twists our arms this year like he has in the past, I think we may take him up on it.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
After a day to digest the bad news, @GTpdm and I both had the thought that we'd rather endure going to the Cesspool to watch the game in person than watch it on the SEC Network. Never thought I'd say that. So if our uga friend twists our arms this year like he has in the past, I think we may take him up on it.

Good luck. This may help your luck though

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
I like it. I think the last three wins up there, 1998, 2000 and 2008, have been noon kickoffs because I distinctly remember daylight at the end of the game. And believe me, I remember the end of those games.

I like it. I think the last three wins up there, 1998, 2000 and 2008, have been noon kickoffs because I distinctly remember daylight at the end of the game. And believe me, I remember the end of those games.
Don't think 1998 or 2000 were noon games. TV hadn't yet screwed up things that far back. Fortunately I was there for those two games too, and I have nothing but good memories of them.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
As has been said, someone will likely upload to YouTube, for replay. I'll find out this week if my pub will get it. If not, I'll be looking around.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
ifeed2all.eu - use a good javascript blocker. Those "app installs" are all garbage and unnecessary. Just start allowing scripts that seem the most relevant, one by one, until the video starts to play. Obviously don't enable domains that are obvious ad servers.

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't think 1998 or 2000 were noon games. TV hadn't yet screwed up things that far back. Fortunately I was there for those two games too, and I have nothing but good memories of them.

98 was noon kick-off. Still sunshine at game winning kick

2000 was an overcast, cold, rainy, soggy day. Hard to tell from picks if it was dark at the end or just super overcast. Still looked pretty light at the start of the third qtr.

Anyway, since it is over at the cesspool, think noon kick-off is better for us. Hope it is at least.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
98 was noon kick-off. Still sunshine at game winning kick

2000 was an overcast, cold, rainy, soggy day. Hard to tell from picks if it was dark at the end or just super overcast. Still looked pretty light at the start of the third qtr.

Anyway, since it is over at the cesspool, think noon kick-off is better for us. Hope it is at least.

I attended the game in 2000 and it was a noon kickoff. Was cold as hell