TECH OFFENSE

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I do think in the Duke game, Temple didn’t run the ball enough in the second half.

That said, Temple ran the ball a lot.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
If we have so much DB talent why is it that 3 of the kids CGC has recruited are CBs? ( one signed, 2 committed ) It appears we're still interested in more DBs. I'm afraid a lot more kids than we realize will never play a down for our new staff, all IMO of course.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Met a TECH O-Lineman at the braves game last night and thought I'd share...

He said the Scheme is very Multiple but to my surprise he said we will be Predominantly a Passing team with no huddle very much involved... The Goal is to score as fast as possible . Get ready for Oregon 2.0 people...
No, get ready for "pro style" 10-yard slants and hooks and an offense that is as slow as ever because of the trouble getting plays signaled in. The only thing new under the sun is what you haven't seen before. The vernacular sounds good but it will be routine short stuff.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This is a stupid f*cking debate that accomplishes nothing.
Wait for the first pic 6!
So far all they have is improper reference to the "highly complicated "run dominant offense that requires many many reps to work".

Ps my hs coaching son says it works but it's too hard to teach
Pss the new NCAA rules about blind side blocking is part of a trend in rules that make it tougher to teach. Chop, no cut down field past x yards .
Pss
It was fun and now it's over.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Wait for the first pic 6!
So far all they have is improper reference to the "highly complicated "run dominant offense that requires many many reps to work".

Ps my hs coaching son says it works but it's too hard to teach
Pss the new NCAA rules about blind side blocking is part of a trend in rules that make it tougher to teach. Chop, no cut down field past x yards .
Pss
It was fun and now it's over.
Interesting. My HS coaching brother was at the Duke game up there when Vad ran the offense from the shotgun. He told me then that we were watching the future of PJ’s offense. He said if we could run/throw from the gun and also go under center with the true triple no one would ever be able to stop us. What could have been.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
No, get ready for "pro style" 10-yard slants and hooks and an offense that is as slow as ever because of the trouble getting plays signaled in. The only thing new under the sun is what you haven't seen before. The vernacular sounds good but it will be routine short stuff.
I understand that a healthy amount of skepticism is good for everyone, but you’re consumed by it lol. The Scrooge of the Swarm, if you will.

I’m really not trying to press your buttons here, but what are you optimistic about going into this season??

So bringing this back to a discussion. My only concern is what has been Tech's issue for as many years as I have been going to games....since 1969. Defense. CPJ realized this and his offense was the way to control it. When the other teams only had 10 possessions we could limit the scores. Now when we play inferior competition we can play some defense but let's be frank here for this season. Clemson and Georgia have some very high power offense. They will probably score on 50% of their possessions against us. If we give them 18 possessions....well we will need to score 72 points to win.

First I hope we don't get crushed by Clemson in game 1 because that could seriously impact a team being driven by hype. Maybe Collins will figure out a way to get the defense better. But I expect the offense to struggle in many games. So that being said I see us flat out losing to Georgia and Clemson. UVA will be better than us and at UVA. Loss. NC State may be another loss. As I said earlier, Tech has always done better when we were a run first team. Let's hope we stay that way.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
So bringing this back to a discussion. My only concern is what has been Tech's issue for as many years as I have been going to games....since 1969. Defense. CPJ realized this and his offense was the way to control it. When the other teams only had 10 possessions we could limit the scores. Now when we play inferior competition we can play some defense but let's be frank here for this season. Clemson and Georgia have some very high power offense. They will probably score on 50% of their possessions against us. If we give them 18 possessions....well we will need to score 72 points to win.

First I hope we don't get crushed by Clemson in game 1 because that could seriously impact a team being driven by hype. Maybe Collins will figure out a way to get the defense better. But I expect the offense to struggle in many games. So that being said I see us flat out losing to Georgia and Clemson. UVA will be better than us and at UVA. Loss. NC State may be another loss. As I said earlier, Tech has always done better when we were a run first team. Let's hope we stay that way.
Negative nancy