Spring Practice 2016 News & Notes

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
That is absolutely reasonable if one starts from 380. My quack suggested the "no white" diet to me which in real terms is green vegetables, limited lean meat, but no white bread, noodles, potatoes, etc. I say it is reasonable because combined with a serious exercise regimen I lost 40 pounds in less than four months and went to 176. All of which is to say there is plenty of weight to be lost and from now until August is the time for him to do it, before rigorous football drills begin. The downside to the diet is one gets sick of looking at green stuff on his plate. It's just to say that is not a far-fetched or unreasonable goal given his size now.
My favorite is the "No Os" diet. You know, no Fritos, Cheetos, Spaggeti-Os … That actually works.

And those above who say that Shamire can lose the weight are definitely correct. When you're as big as he is the proportional loss is minuscule. Also, at his weight quick weight loss doesn't have the health dangers it can for normal size people. I'm pulling for him and I can see Coach is too.

flounder

Jolly Good Fellow
Nothing earth-shattering. They asked him a lot about last year. He talked about the injuries and the close losses. He said we just have to figure out what went wrong and why and fix it. He also said that the things we did last year were the same we did in 2014, we just didn't do them as well.

The only thing that surprised me was that CPJ said he would really like the opportunity to scrimmage with another team in the spring.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The ability to scrimmage against another team in spring would be great. What school would want to face our O tho? Ga Southern (diff O now admittedly) would be in high demand for our scheduled opponents.

I'd love to bring in any nearby SEC school for it. Again...they probly wouldn't be too eager / willing.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Nothing earth-shattering. They asked him a lot about last year. He talked about the injuries and the close losses. He said we just have to figure out what went wrong and why and fix it. He also said that the things we did last year were the same we did in 2014, we just didn't do them as well.

The only thing that surprised me was that CPJ said he would really like the opportunity to scrimmage with another team in the spring.

It's crazy that they don't allow that

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
The ability to scrimmage against another team in spring would be great. What school would want to face our O tho? Ga Southern (diff O now admittedly) would be in high demand for our scheduled opponents.

I'd love to bring in any nearby SEC school for it. Again...they probly wouldn't be too eager / willing.

Yep. GSU's offense is going to be completely different with Dean/Gillespie running it.

I'd love to see us play an FCS school and scrap those games during the regular season.