Spring game roll call.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully everyone who is going has plans to take a half day off. The argument that "it always rains when we schedule for Friday" is now "bridges always collapse when we schedule for Friday".

I really think the GTAA should consider rescheduling this year to Saturday due to weekday traffic alone, if fan attendance is a major factor. Going to be brutal getting there for those not in Buckhead/Midtown.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully everyone who is going has plans to take a half day off. The argument that "it always rains when we schedule for Friday" is now "bridges always collapse when we schedule for Friday".

I think the GTAA should consider rescheduling this year to Saturday due to weekday traffic alone, if fan attendance is a major factor. Going to be brutal getting there for those not in Buckhead/Midtown.
I totally agree with Saturday.
That morning is the Pi mile run.
It would be over by noon, plenty of time for the spring game to have more attendees.

We always go friday and spend the night to run the 5k on Saturday

I really think the GTAA should consider rescheduling this year to Saturday due to weekday traffic alone, if fan attendance is a major factor. Going to be brutal getting there for those not in Buckhead/Midtown.
Shouldn't matter for out-of-towners coming from the south or the east

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Shouldn't matter for out-of-towners coming from the south or the east
But for those of us coming in from the northeast—yikes! Fortunately, both @YJAlleyCat and I work in downtown/midtown, so we'll already be in the neighborhood. (Heck, I probably have the best work-to-tailgate commute of anybody: a 10-minute walk across campus; it's really nice for those Thursday night games.)

Still, I'd prefer having the Spring Game on a Saturday (day or night), rather than a Friday night.