Scrimmage update

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
My first post on this web-site by the way, but really looking forward to this year for Tech and hearing more about the development of this team during August.

To all, thanks for the great reports, especially you guys that have been down in the trenches (Ibb). For those of us that have no way of making it to scrimmages, these reports and views are a god-send! I'm currently in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia but will be back in time for opener, but info like the above that many of you provided is great. THWG.

Stay safe over there brother.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Oops, just watched CPJ press conference. He explicitly stated that the starter at QB won't be announced till game time vs Tennessee. Tough for us message board people in the meantime but good strategy for our team, it may give us an edge. And I guess it gives us something to talk about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just CPJ's way to get revenge on us posters for Monday morning quarterbacking him and his staff. :D

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I get that, but you should know as much as anybody on here that one scrimmage doesn't tell the whole story. If we got to see all the practices/scrimmages, we might say LJ, MJ, TM, and JJ would be the starter after any given practice or scrimmage (they have small scrimmages throughout the fall) because some guys have good days and some have bad days. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone of them has looked better than the others at some point, so one day isn't going to be the deciding factor in who the starter is. As far as my comment about TM and A back I wasn't saying he will make the move but saying if he had the #1 spot locked down at QB like the other poster said, I doubt CPJ would have made the comment he made. But like others have said CPJ will field the best guy.

Do you know more about football than @Ibeeballin?!?!? :p:LOL::ROFLMAO: I kid only;)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
For the last year every time CPJ talks an and when he mentions JJ he perks up . Jay Jones barring injury will be the starting qb against UT

I think u missed something important CPJ said. JJ "is a big play waiting to happen for someone." That someone maybe being us, maybe the other team. I think it speaks to some of my concern about his ball security. Now if he eliminates this problem...he might become CPJs star student.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think u missed something important CPJ said. JJ "is a big play waiting to happen for someone." That someone maybe being us, maybe the other team. I think it speaks to some of my concern about his ball security. Now if he eliminates this problem...he might become CPJs star student.
I agree, he also said there were no turnovers after that comment, so let's hope that continues.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Ok...I missed the scrimmage so I really appreciate the great posts and insights from you guys.

One thing mentioned by several, before the QB discussion took over, got me very excited. Strong play by the front 4! Now I know the 1st string OL is a bit dinged and got shuffled and that probably played a part. And I know early in camp the DL typically has an edge in most programs. That hasn't always been true for us though. Signs that the front 4 can be disruptive have me more excited than anything the QBs did.

Speaking of QBs. I'm gonna read some tea leaves from the CPJ presser now. I suspect he anticipated MJ taking the reigns and solidifying his hold on the starting spot. From posters' info that obviously didn't happen and it seems like TM took a step forward in making his own claim. CPJ has said TM is very confident and not hesitant to proclaim himself the best.

Speaking of confidence; CPJ said LJ needs more. Many here are taking that statement and putting a tad too much weight on it imo. I think at the end of spring CPJ said LJ had (not quoting directly but something to the affect of) "mature understanding of and execution of the O". Something tonthat affect anyway that led me to believe he was ahead of the curve in his knowledge of the O for a Frosh.

Yall are right though. The next week or 2 will be very interesting indeed.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My first post on this web-site by the way, but really looking forward to this year for Tech and hearing more about the development of this team during August.

To all, thanks for the great reports, especially you guys that have been down in the trenches (Ibb). For those of us that have no way of making it to scrimmages, these reports and views are a god-send! I'm currently in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia but will be back in time for opener, but info like the above that many of you provided is great. THWG.
Ooh rah Devil Dog.!! Semper Fi.