Russell Contract?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I personally like Nike but I adidas has came out with some good looking shoes recently. I'm not a big fan of UA shoes but I like the rest of their clothing. Nike definitely the bigger name and most popular among kids I would assume.

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah while Nike and UA have had some so-so uniforms (nobody is perfect), Adidas has had some real duds. I like Miami's uniforms and they have done a good job with the Army All-American bowl, but when Adidas is bad, they are BAD. Louisville is one example.

Under Armour has always been a pretty "cool" brand, but they continue to push the envelope and challenge Nike. Considering these are usually pretty long-tenured deals, Under Armour's upward trajectory is something to consider.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Yeah while Nike and UA have had some so-so uniforms (nobody is perfect), Adidas has had some real duds. I like Miami's uniforms and they have done a good job with the Army All-American bowl, but when Adidas is bad, they are BAD. Louisville is one example.

Under Armour has always been a pretty "cool" brand, but they continue to push the envelope and challenge Nike. Considering these are usually pretty long-tenured deals, Under Armour's upward trajectory is something to consider.
Look up what they did to Michigans basketball team last year. That was god awful. Some of the ugliest unis I've ever seen.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Are yeezy's a reference to a rapper or an athlete? I'm super not into celeb news or trends so pretty clueless here and not motivated to google it. But if not athlete related, which I don't like either (jumpman) then I'm just naturally opposed to that concept. Quality products shouldn't need stupid personal endorsements but I'm a damn old fogey now I guess. Probably a good thing I'm not the decision maker:cigar:

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Are yeezy's a reference to a rapper or an athlete? I'm super not into celeb news or trends so pretty clueless here and not motivated to google it. But if not athlete related, which I don't like either (jumpman) then I'm just naturally opposed to that concept. Quality products shouldn't need stupid personal endorsements but I'm a damn old fogey now I guess. Probably a good thing I'm not the decision maker:cigar:

Yeezy's (the rapper) are some super limited shoes by Adidas that resell on the secondary market for $600+

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Lol. True statement but I'm getting to the age where I will sacrifice style for comfort
Lol. Yea I really should do the same too. I'm pushing 40. I guess I'm at the point where I couldn't get them as a kid and now I can and not think twice. Kinda petty but everyone has there vices. Mine is retro Jordan's, Crown Royal and Point Spreads.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Well you're going to be even MORE pissed that WalMart sells RA apparell with...UGA. Seriously, given that we're RA's "major" college partner, and Walmart does not carry any RA GT gear, but does carry our most hated in-state rival's gear.
Guess it depends on the Wallyword in your area. RA gas GT Logo cloths in metro Atlanta.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
No. russell is a jersey only contract. Shoes and accessories not made by russell; bats, gloves, cleats gt can sign a second contract with

Fyi i hope we go with a blue blood brand. Nike. Or UA.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
I think you're right; perhaps we should be focusing on the word "gear" in the photo and the uniforms aren't included...