RIP John McCain

Deleted member 2897

He was an amazing war hero and back then was 10x the man I could ever be, and 20x as brave. He had impeccable character and consistency in government and fought for our best future. It’s really a shame that over the last decade or so he turned into just another pandering politician and voted the opposite of his promises to his constituents. He probably should have retired about 10 years ago. I hate that his family couldn’t have had all that extra time with him in his life without work or Congress in the way (had he retired). I guess service was just in his DNA. Since he was a teenager on, he essentially gave his entire life to our country, literally and figuratively.

Deleted member 2897

In case anybody has forgotten, McCain was one of those guys involved early in the fake dossier and even paid someone to travel to Europe to meet with folks and spoke with James Comey about it. The guy hated Trump probably more than most people, and that’s saying a lot.

Deleted member 2897

What the hell is wrong with our president? I get it...he doesn't like McCain; but sheesh, the guy honorably served our country for 50+ years while Trump sat home with "bone spurs". Can't we show a modicum of respect? :mad::mad:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/w...-to-full-staff-after-mccains-death-2018-08-27

So after all this time, you’re finally surprised that Trump is an *******? :D

Don’t forget though, that all this silly Mueller investigation and spies in Trumps campaign and FISA corruption and surveillance of Trumps campaign etc had significant roots from that dossier, of which McCain was a contributing piece. He paid someone to go overseas and investigate it and worked with James Comey on it. Trump is an *******, but you can also certainly see why he wouldnt care much for McCain.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Yeah, it speaks volumes ever remember when a President was dis-invited to 2 funerals. It speaks volumes about who we have in the oval office.
Maddening, isn’t it? His behavior makes no sense.

What the hell is wrong with our president? I get it...he doesn't like McCain; but sheesh, the guy honorably served our country for 50+ years while Trump sat home with "bone spurs". Can't we show a modicum of respect? :mad::mad:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/w...-to-full-staff-after-mccains-death-2018-08-27
I’m all for bashing the Maniac for his ineptitude with respect to maintaining the dignity of his office, however in this case he appears to have been following USC. Having personally reviewed this reg many times, I was surprised to see the flag lowered again as it’s contrary to USC & I do not ever remember doing anything besides precisely what was called out for during my service. That being said we were hand fed the instructions each time so it wasn’t like we had to go look it up. It was a qualification question so I did have to commit it to memory. Feel free to correct my memory if there were some instances where it was different. I don’t remember any.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/4/7

My official position is like nearly every other dispute with the law. If Congress doesn’t like it, they can vote to change it. Since they haven’t voted to change it, they must like it well enough like it is. Maybe they’ll lionize Sen McCain by doing just that?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Seeing the the outpouring of support from the likes of Obama, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, and so many more of McCains opponents through the years is heartening. I will miss the days when those on both sides of the aisle had respect for one another.

Deleted member 2897

Seeing the the outpouring of support from the likes of Obama, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, and so many more of McCains opponents through the years is heartening. I will miss the days when those on both sides of the aisle had respect for one another.

McCain was more like them than not the last 10 years. He was also one of the few people willing to stand up and tell people publicly to shut the F up about all the Obama Kenyan Muslim nonsense.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Read today reguarding the flag at the White House beting flown at half staff for member of Congress the US Flag Code Standard procedure is if a senator dies while in office, the flag is at half staff for the date of the death and the following day.

Not defending Trump, just pointing out the technical regulations that are in the " Rule books".

LibertyTurns

Banned
Read today reguarding the flag at the White House beting flown at half staff for member of Congress the US Flag Code Standard procedure is if a senator dies while in office, the flag is at half staff for the date of the death and the following day.

Not defending Trump, just pointing out the technical regulations that are in the " Rule books".
Nobody seems to care what any law says any more. The anarchists have successfully undermined many of our nation’s most fundamental elements.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer

Technical regulations don't mean much once precedence has been set.

Deleted member 2897

You neglected one point – the laws only apply to you depending on which way you vote.