Realistic expectations for 2016?

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Realistically we may only win 5 games but 7 is possible. With that said, I like us playing the underdog role and generally have done better playing that role. The OL has to step up in a big way and someone at WR does too. It only takes a few guys to work hard over the summer and it could be better, but right now all the reports don't look great from the spring and I'm not sure who steps up to be our leaders which we badly need too.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
BC is such a huge game, lose it and we will have a bad season imo

Respect your opinion but I will say how often does one see ateam lose their first game and go on to have a great season? Not uncommon at all as teams change a lot from game 1 to game 2.

Plus in this one there is the weirdness of playing in Ireland.

Hope we win but not going to take it as a predictor for the season. Just my two cents.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Respect your opinion but I will say how often does one see ateam lose their first game and go on to have a great season? Not uncommon at all as teams change a lot from game 1 to game 2.

Plus in this one there is the weirdness of playing in Ireland.

Hope we win but not going to take it as a predictor for the season. Just my two cents.

I would normally agree with you 100% but i think this particular team probably has a fragile psyche after last season and it won't take much to start snowballing on us again. I hope like hell this is not the case!

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Well, we have numbers, but I still don't see the talent level we need from 1-8 (of our DL and LB corps) to make me believe we are going to win more than 8 games next year. That is all I am saying. I especially don't think our top 3-4 linemen or LBs are starters at most div 1 football programs that are legitimate top 30 teams regularly. Some of this is about actual physical size and speed.

I hope I am DEAD WRONG.
I think you may be right. There is a lack of talent at certain positions but this schedule is nowhere near as tough as last year's. I hope we win 7 or 8 but recruiting must improve especially on defense. Most certainly, we do not have top 30 talent at most positions. IMHO

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think you may be right. There is a lack of talent at certain positions but this schedule is nowhere near as tough as last year's. I hope we win 7 or 8 but recruiting must improve especially on defense. Most certainly, we do not have top 30 talent at most positions. IMHO

Fwiw, "most certainly" and "humble opinion" seem at odds.

So, to be clear, of the 64 Power 5 teams, you think our talent in the front 7 is worse than half?